Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I heard that TSSAA is moving teams around next year... I assume that Maryville and D-B are both remaining at 6A? Is there any chance that these two teams could work out a home and home series for two or more seasons? I think it would be pretty cool to open the season with the Ted Wilson Bowl. I know the travel would be a little more expensive than the usual local competition, but I think this matchup would bring excellent gate money for both teams. It's kind of a shame, IMO that these teams haven't played more often (most of that being D-B's fault for early playoff losses), but why should this matchup be left to chance and why should Maryville fans be robbed of the opportunity to ever see the inside of J Fred Johnson Stadium? Think how an early season game would set up a second or third round playoff rematch if it happened. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by BilltownIndian

My guess is this...this is the last Playoff Game ever at Maryville that they dont have reserved seats on the home side.

Art.. you can sit on the home side, but you won't get to hear the Notre Dame fight song quite as well. I sat on the visitors side last time ya'll rolled into town and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Now I know, most of ya'll won't sleep tonight. While don't ya'll just come on down now.

You can hang out at the IHOP for breakfast. Eat lunch at Dubb's. Check out the best County Library in the State. Fish a little. Eat supper at Sub's and Such or Los Amigos, or Aubrey's. Get a good parking place. Get a good spot in line, so as to see all the good-looking Rebel women that have all their teeth, walking by. Get a good seat looking into the sun! So you can get the full effect of the shadow cast by the mighty Rebel faithful over the hollowed ground of Don Renfro field. For you true football fans ... this is High School football heaven...and win or lose, you are blessed to be here!

Now, be careful driving down and don't run over any of our slow, clumsy players!