Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

I'm glad that the game is played on the field and not behind the keyboards.....maybe we should tell Coach Henry at Coalfield not to to even dress his team out......Greenback by 38 points?! Really? You guys obviously haven't seen Coalfield play......I think it will be a good, close game.....remember Coalfield has an outstanding running back also who isn't slow....good luck to the Cherokees!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing, I hope Greenback isn't looking past Coalfield to Gordonsville like everyone on here is....if thats the case, it may be a long night for the Cherokees.....

I don't think they are looking past Coalfield at all. I earlier predicted GB by 28, but now I am reducing that to 21. GB 41 Coalfield 20

I don't think they are looking past Coalfield at all. I earlier predicted GB by 28, but now I am reducing that to 21. GB 41 Coalfield 20

Once again, I'm glad the game is played on the field and not behind the keyboard.....I think the last time Greenback played Coalfield, Cherokee fans were saying the same thing..........

One other thing, I hope Greenback isn't looking past Coalfield to Gordonsville like everyone on here is....if thats the case, it may be a long night for the Cherokees.....

I see you are a newbie Jacket and welcome to this discussion,I am about the only GB fan on here consistantly and I have a boy on the team,rest assured we are worried about Thursday right now then we will worry about fri and Coalfield is the only team GB will be focused on,next week doesn't exist yet.We carried a big butt whippin two yrs ago home from Coalfield so we now wnat the Jackets have in their stable,but this is a public forum so folks can give their opinion,none of these predictions have cam from GB,we know it will be a tough one its the playoffs!If you are comin get there early small road getting into the school it will be packed. Edited by orngnblk

I see you are a newbie Jacket and welcome to this discussion,I am about the only GB fan on here consistantly and I have a boy on the team,rest assured we are worried about Thursday right now then we will worry about fri and Coalfield is the only team GB will be focused on next week doesn't exist yet.We carried a big butt whippin two yrs ago home from Coalfield so we now wnat the Jackets have in their stable,but this is a public forum so folks can give their opinion,none of these predictions have cam from GB,we know it will be a tough one its the playoffs!If you are comin get there early small road getting into the school it will be packed.

Thanks I appreciate it. My son plays for Coalfield. I've seen our young men work their tails off to get this far and its disheartening to read comments about how we're going to get it handed to us....I think it will be a good, close game and whoever runs the ball better, will come out the winner....but neither team will win by 38 points....or even 21 for that matter......I see it being 21-14 either team as the winner.

Thanks I appreciate it. My son plays for Coalfield. I've seen our young men work their tails off to get this far and its disheartening to read comments about how we're going to get it handed to us....I think it will be a good, close game and whoever runs the ball better, will come out the winner....but neither team will win by 38 points....or even 21 for that matter......I see it being 21-14 either team as the winner.

O&B is right, no one from Greenback believes coalfield will be easy,they always have a very good team,probably the biggest challenge this year.It could go either way.

O&B is right, no one from Greenback believes coalfield will be easy,they always have a very good team,probably the biggest challenge this year.It could go either way.

I have saw both, GB has the advantage, being at home adds to that. Does that mean Coalfield is already beat? Heck no, Coalfield has a good squad, especially their line. That being said I believe GB's line hold the edge as well, they should win but that don't mean they will. I think this year GB is the better of the 2 teams, I'm not sure I'll be able to say that next year, Coalfield is still growing up and are already a very good squad. The next year or 2 they're gonna be an even bigger handful. I'm going with GB in this one just like I've been since this thread started. I'm guessing 14-21 point victory. I mean no disrespect to Coalfield, this is just one of those years for GB, if they lose or if it's a super close game they probably did not play to their potential.

I have saw both, GB has the advantage, being at home adds to that. Does that mean Coalfield is already beat? Heck no, Coalfield has a good squad, especially their line. That being said I believe GB's line hold the edge as well, they should win but that don't mean they will. I think this year GB is the better of the 2 teams, I'm not sure I'll be able to say that next year, Coalfield is still growing up and are already a very good squad. The next year or 2 they're gonna be an even bigger handful. I'm going with GB in this one just like I've been since this thread started. I'm guessing 14-21 point victory. I mean no disrespect to Coalfield, this is just one of those years for GB, if they lose or if it's a super close game they probably did not play to their potential.

Yeah I believe GB will win,I think this team is the best they have had in the last 7 years ,that I have watched them play them play.I also believe if Coalfield is good enough to beat Greenback,then they will win state.

Yeah I believe GB will win,I think this team is the best they have had in the last 7 years ,that I have watched them play them play.I also believe if Coalfield is good enough to beat Greenback,then they will win state.

I think you're right about that. This GB team is as good or better than '08, I've made the comparison a few times this season to them. They each are better than the other in some areas. The best way I have come up with is this team may not be as flashy but they are a more powerful unit, less glitter and more chrome if you know what I mean.

I'm not willing to give the winner a ring just yet but I do believe whoever wins tonight has a legit chance to get one. Really depends on what Gordy has, then bring on the best of the West.

Edited by crow