Marion (9-2) vs FSC (10-1)

98nationalchmps

Guest OldManChilders

Blackgearl and other skillet heads, how did yall's muffin schedule work out? Also I was suprise at how few FSC fans there were and how terrible their field was. MC had twice as many fans travel 2 hours as FSC had and the bleachers were a couple racks of scaffoliding they had moved over from power washing the school.

Marion County brought the best visiting crowd since Trousdale. I love it when it's packed on both sides and there are spectators lined up along the fence. It makes for a great football atmosphere. Also, MC has by far the best mascot I've ever seen in high school sports. That kid with the Indian headdress and spear had me rolling. I wish we would have seen more of him, but I think he only came out after MC touchdowns. Also love it when the visiting school brings their marching band. We don't have one at FCS, so it's always a treat to watch the other school's. Best of luck next year, MC. Hate it we won't get to see you in the future, with us going to DII and all. Edited by OldManChilders

Guest Purplepastry

Believe me, it was worth every penny, too.

Gold as all earthly treasure is subject to corruption and can cause corruption, I suggest yall FSC boys reset your mind on incorruptible treasure. Man has earthly treasure corrupted yall.

Guest OldManChilders

Gold as all earthly treasure is subject to corruption and can cause corruption, I suggest yall FSC boys reset your mind on incorruptible treasure. Man has earthly treasure corrupted yall.

Absolutely! Heaven is filled with treasures of which we cannot begin to conceive. I can't wait to see what it's like. But as long as we're here on this earth, we at FCS will strive to excel at everything we do.

Guest Purplepastry

Marion County brought the best visiting crowd since Trousdale. I love it when it's packed on both sides and there are spectators lined up along the fence. It makes for a great football atmosphere. Also, MC has by far the best mascot I've ever seen in high school sports. That kid with the Indian headdress and spear had me rolling. I wish we would have seen more of him, but I think he only came out after MC touchdowns. Also love it when the visiting school brings their marching band. We don't have one at FCS, so it's always a treat to watch the other school's. Best of luck next year, MC. Hate it we won't get to see you in the future, with us going to DII and all.

You may mock but from what I saw if it was not for the visitors FSC home games would be awful. There is a lot of truth in what you say how lame is it when the visiting team brings the party. It is too bad yall miss out most of the games. Back to recognizing the grounds crew at half and blowin an air horn.

Guest OldManChilders

You may mock but from what I saw if it was not for the visitors FSC home games would be awful. There is a lot of truth in what you say how lame is it when the visiting team brings the party. It is too bad yall miss out most of the games. Back to recognizing the grounds crew at half and blowin an air horn.

Not mocking you. That was a compliment to you and everyone who made the drive up I-24. And it was the home team that brought the party.

Guest Purplepastry

Absolutely! Heaven is filled with treasures of which we cannot begin to conceive. I can't wait to see what it's like. But as long as we're here on this earth, we at FCS will strive to excel at everything we do.

Yall ought to reexamine that. What profitith a man... And I am not talking about fans and kids at a football game. I am taliking about the stuff that yall and others condone under the banner of the church, believe me you turn more away than on to the cause.

Guest OldManChilders

Yall ought to reexamine that. What profitith a man... And I am not talking about fans and kids at a football game. I am taliking about the stuff that yall and others condone under the banner of the church, believe me you turn more away than on to the cause.

What is wrong with condoning the strive for excellence? I'm not sure what the issue is. All we did was win a football game.

Guest Purplepastry

What is wrong with condoning the strive for excellence? I'm not sure what the issue is. All we did was win a football game.

I am not going into the minutia but I know of what I speak and it has nothing to do with winning a football game. It has everything to do with compromising core values to achieve. Here is an example of how it should go. MC had a terrible team with a terrible attitude for the past few years. And then they got a new coach. People have marveled at the turnaround, but it is no mystery. The new man preached attitude and being a person of character. He is nicknamed the preacher, he is a man doing yall’s job. He used a game to change hearts and minds, not to win games and chase gold. Winning should not be the goal but a result of doing everything right. Winning does not validate the means by which it was accomplished but the means validate the winning and make it of lifelong significance. Winning you can feel good about is the result of doing things right not compromising to the popular culture and seeing how much you can get away with.

Edited by Purplepastry

Guest OldManChilders

I am not going into the minutia but I know of what I speak and it has nothing to do with winning a football game. It has everything to do with compromising core values to achieve. Here is an example of how it should go. MC had a terrible team with a terrible attitude for the past few years. And then they got a new coach. People have marveled at the turnaround, but it is no mystery. The new man preached attitude and being a person of character. He is nicknamed the preacher, he is a man doing yall’s job. He used a game to change hearts and minds, not to win games and chase gold. Winning should not be the goal but a result of doing everything right. Winning does not validate the means by which it was accomplished but the means validate the winning and make it of lifelong significance. Winning you can feel good about is not result of doing things right not compromising to the popular culture and seeing how much you can get away with.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. But I'm still not sure what your issue is with FCS. I've been there 8 years. Is there something you know about FCS that I don't?

Guest Purplepastry

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. But I'm still not sure what your issue is with FCS. I've been there 8 years. Is there something you know about FCS that I don't?

No you know it too, unless you are literally or figuatively blind. On second thought, the blind see it too.

Edited by Purplepastry

Guest OldManChilders

"No you know it too, unless you are literally or figuatively blind. On second thought, the blind see it too."

What if we were losers on the gridiron? Would that make us a good little Christian school in your opinion?

Meh. Haters will be haters. Nothing breeds enemies like success. I'll let you have the last word.

Edited by OldManChilders

Guest Purplepastry

"No you know it too, unless you are literally or figuatively blind. On second thought, the blind see it too."

What if we were losers on the gridiron? Would that make us a good little Christian school in your opinion?

Meh. Haters will be haters. Nothing breeds enemies like success. I'll let you have the last word.

No my little hatefull friend, there are examples of Christian schools doing it right yall just aint one of them. Boyd Buchannan are not losers on the field and the they have stature amongst God and men. I have always respected them a great deal even when they kicked our tails.

Edited by Purplepastry
  • Upvote 1