CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

FootballDAD, GVK - congrats on the win! I really thought Alcoa's defense would slow you down. Alcoa scored too fast! Did your guys let them score so fast so that you could get the ball back and score?

I really thought Alcoa had the better defense. I knew ya'll had the better offense. I just thought Alcoa would find a way to get to High. Sounds like ya'll had the D when it mattered. Thank the Lord for modern technology, I listened to the game on my phone driving from Memphis to Nashville. Every once in a while the signal would cut out for about 30 seconds and every time they came back on the air somebody had scored.

Too me I still view this game as tied. Combine the final scores of both games. We need to have a play-off!

It might be time for some coaches to determine if you can win consistently by being one dimensional. Hats off to Bradley for making the changes on D these last three games. It was, I believe, the difference.

Question? If you win the Championship (which I expect), will you break a record for the first team to win it that has given up the most points on defense? I know it doesn't sound pretty, but it just might be another record for the books! Just saying.

Please have Coach Bradley make sure Howell breaks the National record. Next week would be a great opportunity (sorry Betsy fans- fact is a fact).

And FootballDad please ask your "Bears" too beat up on the "Haven" for us Maryville fans. If we are lucky enough to get by Siegel, we would like for them to be softened up a little.

Man, I still can't believe Alcoa lost, but I must confess, on the "Big Ones" Contest, I was one of the 18% that picked CAK to win. Thanks, I Think?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

FootballDAD, GVK - congrats on the win! I really thought Alcoa's defense would slow you down. Alcoa scored too fast! Did your guys let them score so fast so that you could get the ball back and score?

I really thought Alcoa had the better defense. I knew ya'll had the better offense. I just thought Alcoa would find a way to get to High. Sounds like ya'll had the D when it mattered. Thank the Lord for modern technology, I listened to the game on my phone driving from Memphis to Nashville. Every once in a while the signal would cut out for about 30 seconds and every time they came back on the air somebody had scored.

Too me I still view this game as tied. Combine the final scores of both games. We need to have a play-off!

It might be time for some coaches to determine if you can win consistently by being one dimensional. Hats off to Bradley for making the changes on D these last three games. It was, I believe, the difference.

Question? If you win the Championship (which I expect), will you break a record for the first team to win it that has given up the most points on defense? I know it doesn't sound pretty, but it just might be another record for the books! Just saying.

Please have Coach Bradley make sure Howell breaks the National record. Next week would be a great opportunity (sorry Betsy fans- fact is a fact).

And FootballDad please ask your "Bears" too beat up on the "Haven" for us Maryville fans. If we are lucky enough to get by Siegel, we would like for them to be softened up a little.

Man, I still can't believe Alcoa lost, but I must confess, on the "Big Ones" Contest, I was one of the 18% that picked CAK to win. Thanks, I Think?

Thanks OH76, this victory was especially sweet since it was at AHS. To address a couple of your points, no, we didn't let them score intentionally that fast, ha. Just good effort and execution by Alcoa on those plays, but I agree that it worked in our favor if they were going to score for them to score quickly. I have no idea about the "points given up" record, but IF we do win state again I don't think there is any doubt that we will hold that dubious record. CRB has a system built around offense, offense, offense and sprinkle in just enough defense to win. The past few previous years CAK was pretty good on D, not dominant, but solid. This year has been like super gluing and duck taping the leaks in a sinking ship, just trying to keep it afloat. Bradley Sr. and his defensive assistants have put in 2 seasons worth of work and worry trying to protect what the offense was putting on the scoreboard. Lots of heart from those guys on D lastnight, especially those players that had to go both ways against a very physical team like Alcoa. But I will reiterate this point, late in the game Alcoa's D lineman were the ones that "appeared" to be gassed. Rushing the passer is exhausting, especially against an offensive line as good as CAK's. Nothing wrong with Aloca's D line effort, you could see they were giving it everything they had, and they did make a couple plays, but it took a lot out of them. Mark Bradley and J.Reado have coaching pass blocking down to a science. We would all would love to see D.Howell break the record. He is a Warrior! He is our guy that goes over the middle and makes the tough catches that usually are followed by big hits. He's started since he was a freshman and has a portfolio of amazing catches. He has played with shoulder, rib and hand injuries and still been amazing. He played the second half with a broken hand in our first meeting with Alcoa but still caught 2 TD passes, and he played lastnight with a cast and still made a bucket load of tough catches. He is simply a great football player and somebody is going to get a steal when they get him. And finally, as for my MJ Bears, I'll pass that along to some of my old classmates/teammates who have boys on the team. But something tells me Maryville needs very little help.

Congratulations to my CAK friends, FootballDad and Govolsknox for your teams outstanding win last night. When Alcoa beat CAK earlier in the season, I stated then that might be the best thing that could have happened - and I believe it was! Wishing CAK much success on their road to repeating!

Thanks BB. We appreciate all the support. Can't lie, this was a very satisfying W, but still a couple tough games ahead. Losing to Alcoa isn't what we would have ordered up the first time, but, I believe we left after that defeat believing we were still capable of beating the Tornados, so that confidence helped this time around. Additionally, CRB took note of CGR 2pt strategy and was prepared this time. Hats off big time to Rusty for allowing Charlie High to run the ball a couple of times.

I haven't been on the "T" for a long time but I just had to log in today and congratulate the CAK Warriors on a very impressive win last night! Would have loved to have seen this game in person... just sounded like an "Instant Classic" from all the accounts I have read. Again, hats off to the Warriors! :thumb:

Oh... one more thing. It appears, in the time I've been away from Coach T, some Alcoa folks get their giggles by referring to Christian Academy of Knoxville as CAKe. They have my respect by beating the Alcoa "Breeze" 3 out of the last 4! :D

Thanks BB. We appreciate all the support. Can't lie, this was a very satisfying W, but still a couple tough games ahead. Losing to Alcoa isn't what we would have ordered up the first time, but, I believe we left after that defeat believing we were still capable of beating the Tornados, so that confidence helped this time around. Additionally, CRB took note of CGR 2pt strategy and was prepared this time. Hats off big time to Rusty for allowing Charlie High to run the ball a couple of times.

Coach Bradley always does a nice job with the offensive play calling, but this game I think he was even BETTER than his usual excellent self in play calling. The play calling really was unbelievably good, and the execution by the boys, against extremely good competition, was almost flawless. This game really was high school football at its finest from both teams.

Congrats to CAK on a well deserved win!

Thanks F5. Always nice visiting with you, BC and APB. I also got to meet Mountain Troll and ran into FaceforRadio for the first time in a while. He was sitting on the CAK side, he said it was because there were no seats on the Alcoa side, but I always knew he was a Warrior at heart. :mrgreen: Another terrific game, championship atmosphere for sure.

Great game CAK good luck bring home the gold Ball. So proud of all the Seniors and players we as a family and football team will prevail. Much love to the Alcoa Nation

Thanks Choochoo. Believe me when I say, I know how it hurts to lose tough games like this. I've seen too much blood, sweat & tears running down exhausted faces of our boys walking off of Goddard Field for the last time to not be able to appreciate the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat". It was just finally our turn to leave your field victorious. Great game. Much respect for Alcoa. This was another classic.

Coach Bradley always does a nice job with the offensive play calling, but this game I think he was even BETTER than his usual excellent self in play calling. The play calling really was unbelievably good, and the execution by the boys, against extremely good competition, was almost flawless. This game really was high school football at its finest from both teams.

Great game. Rusty certainly had the boys ready to play tonight.