Jalen vs Jalen

Vol74

Of course he may play anything including RB, but I know a few at ND and FSU that have him WR, TE or bulking up at playing on D ....

I am not saying you are wrong but at 6'3 210 pounds his frame could stand to pack on 10-15 pounds w/o losing any speed/quickness/agility, which at that size would make him a beast at RB even on the college level. This of course is just specualtion but I believe there is a good chance 1 of the schools courting him sees this as well.....

Edited by Kevin38

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see him being a running back in college, but he probably will not. The reason why is because he is 6"3, if was 5"10 or 6" then I can see him being a running back. Also, yes he does break through tackles and falls forward, but watching him, he is not strong enough.

I think he will be w/ 10-15 pounds of muscle added to his frame, I dont see his height being a hinderance really; I have seen some really good RBs at that size. Its all specualtion though, I am sure he will be successful whatever position he ends up playing. I would personally like to see him play RB b/c I believe he has a chance to be a really good 1 no matter where he plays provided he can stay healthy.....

I think he will be w/ 10-15 pounds of muscle added to his frame, I dont see his height being a hinderance really; I have seen some really good RBs at that size. Its all specualtion though, I am sure he will be successful whatever position he ends up playing. I would personally like to see him play RB b/c I believe he has a chance to be a really good 1 no matter where he plays provided he can stay healthy.....

You know as just a jr in high school and a red shirt year in college he is gonna put more then 15 lbs

Not many his height go to D1 and are effective at running back....

I can see him being a running back in college, but he probably will not. The reason why is because he is 6"3, if was 5"10 or 6" then I can see him being a running back. Also, yes he does break through tackles and falls forward, but watching him, he is not strong enough.

Are you saying he's not strong enough now, or he won't be strong enough in college?

he is not strong enough.

You must have never seen him play! You don't think that he is going to be able to run the ball in college in 2-3 years? Florida, OSU, and Georgia all want him running the ball, and I suppose that's why they're his leaders.

Here's a little jewel off the internet. If this is 210 lbs., what do you think 235-240lbs is going to look like on him.

Hurd is plenty strong enough! And plenty tall enough! :mrgreen:

photopcj.jpg

You must have never seen him play! You don't think that he is going to be able to run the ball in college in 2-3 years? Florida, OSU, and Georgia all want him running the ball, and I suppose that's why they're his leaders.

Here's a little jewel off the internet. If this is 210 lbs., what do you think 235-240lbs is going to look like on him.

Hurd is plenty strong enough! And plenty tall enough! :mrgreen:

photopcj.jpg

Yeah, this kid is a beast w/ another 20-30 pounds of muscle packed on and maintaining his speed/agility, he will be a beast at RB in college too.....

Dude. Herschal Walker and Bo Jackson were 6'2". Eric Dickerson was 6'3".

Those are 3 of the greatest college running backs of all time.

Secondly, in watching the kid play, his strength is what appears to be his greatest asset, he breaks tackles left and right, and then outruns the remains. And his strength will only get better in a college level strength & conditioning program.

If a college coach decides to move him when he gets to that level (which I'll admit I believe would be a mistake), I highly doubt it will be strictly because of his height, and I will guarantee it won't be because of his strength.

He is not as strong as Trent Richardson, Marcus Lattimore, TJ Yeldon, Bryce Brown, Anthony Dixon, Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden Mark Ingram Arian Foster. I know he is a junior, but he will not be stronger than those players I just listed. I can see him as a slot, or a Y, maybe Free Safety. And I like how you guys thinks he going to gain 20-30 pounds over the offseason when he has to go through the Torn Labium.

He is not as strong as Trent Richardson, Marcus Lattimore, TJ Yeldon, Bryce Brown, Anthony Dixon, Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden Mark Ingram Arian Foster. I know he is a junior, but he will not be stronger than those players I just listed. I can see him as a slot, or a Y, maybe Free Safety. And I like how you guys thinks he going to gain 20-30 pounds over the offseason when he has to go through the Torn Labium.

The kid is benching 325, squatting 450 and power cleaning into a front squat at 225 for sets of 10. He weighed 188 lbs. during last season and is at 212 lbs. this season. He gained this weight sitting out for 4 months due to a back injury during the off season.

Heck, Yeldon is 6'2 - 216 right now! This kid is a machine, so sit back and doubt him. The top ranked programs in the nation want him running the ball. Hahaha! Don't quit your day job!

Lol first of all, how is that even relevant?

Second of all, how do you know? Can you see 3 or 4 years into the future?