Potential 1A AllState Players

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason Carnett at Cloudland should be considered. As a guard on offense, he helped pave the way for around 4,000 yards. On defense, he had around 130 tackles as a linebacker. These numbers are not exact, but are very close. Great kid with an awesome work ethic and attitude on and off the field.

He's got my vote as a player, and even a better kid. Atta boy Mason.

With four losses you can't have many all staters

I named 2-3. As for the four losses? Yeah they lost to Gordonsville and 2 of the top 3 2A teams. Sometimes records can be deceiving. A team that plays cream puffs and goes 10-1 doesn't necessarily have anymore deserving. Besides this isn't my thread anyway, I just made a comment.

no conversation would be complete without jp evans from moore county high school. Led his team to a 10-1 record and racked up over 2,100 yards total offense and 25 touchdowns throwing and running. He sucessfully completed 25 two point plays after touchdowns. Two way player who only came off the field on kick off return. In the first and last playoff game of the season rushed for 144 and passed for another 108, ran one touchdown, threw one touchdown and converted both two point plays. threw a td pass to seemingly win the game with no time on the clock. Mc was penalized and on an un timed down threw another td which was ruled out of the endzone.

West TN top 2 in my opinion are Devon Jones(Lake Co.) and Jacob Warbritton (Huntingdon). Both are phenominal players and NO single A All-State team will be complete without them. Devon had over 1,260 yards rushing averaging 10.22 per carry and 22 TDs.He may have had a bigger impact on defense where he had 25 tackles for loss and over 80 total tackles. He may be the most sought after Single A player in the state by college coaches as he is already committed to Gus Malzahn and Arkansas State but has offers from MTSU, UT-Martin, Tennessee State among numerous others. Warbritton is a Mr. football finalist and one of the best "football" players I have seen all year. He may not be the biggest,fastest or strongest but he is a workhorse and a guy you would pick first if you were getting a backyard football game together in my opinion. These guys will be on the all-state team in my opinion.