Grundy County Football 2013

mtngoatbilly

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

If the people on here think that the Bryants are bad football coaches watch them try to coach basketball. that's where they're bad coaches. they put a whole lot into football and put nothing into basketball. they have ruined the grundy county basketball program. it will will take years to straighten up the damage that the bryants have done to the basketball. to all the basketball fans in grundy county stand up for the basketball program and demand that we hire a qualified basketball coach and not two football coaches and let the bryants go back to coaching football. that's what they do best

I totally agree with this. There is a lot of talent but its been wasted now for 2 years! I wished some board member would make a motion for us to get someone. It gets embarrassing game after game and its not the boys fault. But in my opinion its the same in football. We are never going to have anything in our programs till we step up to the plate and take a stand and push to get us some coaches with a proven track record and not use the buddy system! I hope everyone is ready for another repeat year in football. If we are lucky we will be 5 and 5. With Colquitt in Dunlap now we will lose that game again by getting out coached! But things have been this way for a few years and I guess people are content with it. It's just not the Bryants it's the whole staff!! This has nothing to do with personal issues so lets dont even try and turn it there. It's more about a parent wanting more for his son, and a county wanting more from there sports programs. Do we want more for our children and this county or are we gonna sit back in the same ole rut we have been in for years? Because face it Grundy County it's never gonna change unless we cause it to change. I just hope now since our baseball program and softball programs have a fresh start that things will change there. So what about it Grundy County......You decide??

Edited by Beavcleaver

I totally agree with this. There is a lot of talent but its been wasted now for 2 years! I wished some board member would make a motion for us to get someone. It gets embarrassing game after game and its not the boys fault. But in my opinion its the same in football. We are never going to have anything in our programs till we step up to the plate and take a stand and push to get us some coaches with a proven track record and not use the buddy system! I hope everyone is ready for another repeat year in football. If we are lucky we will be 5 and 5. With Colquitt in Dunlap now we will lose that game again by getting out coached! But things have been this way for a few years and I guess people are content with it. It's just not the Bryants it's the whole staff!! This has nothing to do with personal issues so lets dont even try and turn it there. It's more about a parent wanting more for his son, and a county wanting more from there sports programs. Do we want more for our children and this county or are we gonna sit back in the same ole rut we have been in for years? Because face it Grundy County it's never gonna change unless we cause it to change. I just hope now since our baseball program and softball programs have a fresh start that things will change there. So what about it Grundy County......You decide??

Sour Grapes over your son not getting playing time. And thats all that is, but addressing winning up on that hill.....well they have never won a championship in football...ever...in 80 some odd years and I believe Mr.Colquit was the coach there for a period of time so I would say your problems are more than coaching. Edited by nitetrain

Nite train you have totally missed interpreted what was being said. It's NOT about a parent upset because his son is not playing!! It's about wanting your child to play for a team that has as much talent that is here now that's been here in years or ever and just seeing it go down the toilet because we don't have the coaching!!! You must definately not be from Grundy that's for sure. We lose to a Marion team cause we weren't in shape and got out coached and play a half with power house teams and get out coached in the 2nd half and lose to a Grace Baptist team which in all honesty shouldn't have even been on the field with us. Sounds to me like people need to understand sports and the game and just not assume someone is belly aching because that is definitely not whats going on in Grundy County!!look at the past years they have been coaching in football and basketball it speaks for itself. Not only that but they have no discipline over things either. But I think it's time for change?? I also think I don't stand alone when I make this comment....