Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

was at the york game, currently york had 7 starters out with injuries and lost 3 more tonight. They are extremly young with all the injuries. This team will have a rough go at it this year. defence didn't play bad considering they were on the field most of the night. Played on a short field aside from one offensive series where they got to the white county 25. congrats to dekalb and upperman on your wins tonight.  

I dont know many of the UhS players played or subbed but did talk to a local that said one lb sat out. Who knows if Gordonsville is a 5-5 rebuilding team or will be a 8-2 contender in 1a. That said, Upperman looked legit. very big on O line. very big in front 7 on defense. More athletic than I have seen them in past. I saw 2 games last year with UHS, one the qb didnt play, the other he was limping. But tonight he was on. probably 175 rushing, 250 passing.....3 td passing, 2 passing. I know the second teamers score 1 if not 2 scores. The rb looked very good for UhS and a hard runner. The fact that Carson had about 10 yards on first 15 carries told me alot. he left injured i think. The Ely kidd is huge and dominated at de. The UhS lb's looked fast and hard hitting. The kid listed at 6'3 340 at noise was every bit as big as listed and hard to move. Surprisingly they even had a host of good wr's to throw too. this might be the game of their life.....but tonight they look like a legit contender. I think they even had a couple long scores called back off penatiles.

Listening to the game Upperman's second team only scored once. I think York scored the TD that put it to 53. After Butler, their starting RB got it to the 1.

LA is just inexperienced. I know that a lot of people are writing them off, and maybe that is needed. But, with a whole new scheme with new players, it is going to take some time. I think they'll be fine. Growing pains. A lot of mental mistakes kept them from scoring on the one, then just two BARELY missed FGs. Add those up and they win. Doesn't matter now though. Congratulations to Stone. LA will be fine, I believe.

DC is as inexperienced a team as any. I don't mean this as taking a shot at LA, but I am wondering what happened. If DC can get a leg up on them while we're both playing freshman and younger players then maybe the DC fans can finally see a break from losing to LA.

Maybe so. However, LA has tons of inexperienced talent. Coach Mosely and his staff have done a great job with the middle school program. Once those guys learn the highschool program, they'll be fine. Defense was VERY solid last night. The new offensive scheme will just take a while I think. I told you exactly what happened. Two missed field goals and a turnover on the one yard line going in. That is 12 points right there left out on the field. If Livingston would have won 17-6, the question wouldn't be asked. They didn't, that's obvious, but I still think they're the second best team in the district, no offense to anyone.

Maybe so. However, LA has tons of inexperienced talent. Coach Mosely and his staff have done a great job with the middle school program. Once those guys learn the highschool program, they'll be fine. Defense was VERY solid last night. The new offensive scheme will just take a while I think. I told you exactly what happened. Two missed field goals and a turnover on the one yard line going in. That is 12 points right there left out on the field. If Livingston would have won 17-6, the question wouldn't be asked. They didn't, that's obvious, but I still think they're the second best team in the district, no offense to anyone.

Maybe they are 2nd best, time will tell.

I was at the game last night, here's my take on the action.  Dekalb's defense was solid, Gill didn't perform to all the hype that I've heard, but giving credit where it is due, he did have a good game as a D lineman. it was mentioned in an earlier post that he was chasing the QB all night.  I didn't see it myself, he's way to slow, his size may hurt him a little.  The other D lineman need a little more credit. The DB's look to need a little work and are on the young side but will probably improve greatly in the next week or two.  The linebackers looked to be experienced and ready to play.  Plenty of hard nose football and hardcore hitting.  Spare and the Ball brothers looked and acted the parts of linebackers.  Boss and Stone also looked good at end.  The safety, number 8, Patterson I believe, needs improvement in the hitting department.  Dekalb's offense looked young and inexperienced.  The QB seemed to panic a little and hold on to the ball too long.  A little experience will take care of all of his problems, he has a very bright future as QB.  The backs looked good but need a little more blocking up front.  The lineman need to step it up a notch and so do the receivers.  The receivers weren't open quick enough or long enough.

The Pioneers' came to play but seemed to lack in the coaching department.  The players were bigger and faster and seemed more enthusiastic.  The running back was a beast, very strong and a hard runner.  The defense pressured Dekalb's back field all night and didn't look that bad, really.  I think most of the Pioneer's problems come from the fan base.  Too much talk and not enough butt to back it up.  The Southern Slander is a joke.  It would be best if the paper were to back the team and stop the disrespectful printing, it looks bad on the entire county.  I think Warren will learn from their mistakes and maybe win a few this year.

Upperman looked solid last night. York kid was a stud. Hugeee o line. Cason is one of best rb's in area and could do nothing against there defense. Big d end Upperman has Eley i think just threw their o line man like rags. You guys think uppermam is the real deal this year?

I think you need to slow down drinking the Upperman coolaid. Alot of ball left to be played.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN