Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

K, thx didnt know much about him. How is the feeder program at Upperman.

He has a leg up from feeder programs stance. Gets all the Cornerstone kids, and some from Prescott, Avery Trace, and Algood since Putnam is open zoned. Next year Herron reurns 2 of 4 starting wideouts, district current leading rushing back Butler, 2 of 5 offisive line and one I huge. One huge defensive lineman and several db's. People ay the UH jv are as equally dominant so far as the varity being undefeated. So I don't think they fall back to far next year. The freshman class they say is equally as talented at the 2013 seniors with several Algood and Cookeville kids on it. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Will u guys get more kids than Cookeville High does that are the better kids.

Not sure what Baxter will get, I am sure Maynord will get plenty for Cookeville. But any that UH gets is better than none. In Rickman were I live, several Algood kids on the line go here. I know a of last year, several former Rickman kids played for LA. It always helps to draw from more than one jr high Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

UCMan one quick question. U said u watched alot of LA games last year. If u had to pick one kid to lead u in a big game would u pick McCoin from last year or the York kid. U have seen both play alot. Just want ur intake.

wow. Tough one. I say if playing a team like Whitehouse with huge DL/OL and u have to pass a lot, McCoin. If playing Fulton with speed and you need a athelete to match their's, York. McCoin was a good passer and fairly fast but very smooth runner like Johnny Football. York is more the descent passer but very fast and run over you type like Tebow with more speed. I say a coin toss now, but might change my mind by end of season when I see York play in some bigger games. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

U say York is faster than McCoin but was he quicker. Side to side moves. McCoin best ive seen so if York is better than he is special. I guess i will see for myself next Friday.

its a diffrent thing. I think York I faster in the 40 and 100 than McCoin. MCCoin is a smother runner.Sorta like a race between Bo Jackson and Cam Newton. One is straight ahead fast(York)and will run threw you, one is shifty smooth like McCoin and will slip by you. McCoin would shift his way threw the D on long runs. York plants his foot, burst threw the line the he is gone and not being caught. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

wow. Tough one. I say if playing a team like Whitehouse with huge DL/OL and u have to pass a lot, McCoin. If playing Fulton with speed and you need a athelete to match their's, York. McCoin was a good passer and fairly fast but very smooth runner like Johnny Football. York is more the descent passer but very fast and run over you type like Tebow with more speed. I say a coin toss now, but might change my mind by end of season when I see York play in some bigger games.

If it's an athletic contest, there hasn't been a better athlete play in this district in a LONG time like Brock McCoin. Ask the basketball fans.