Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Upperman has a pair of good senior DE's - one that gets lots of press is Ely but Land is tough too - and a great senior LB group. Saw in the HC that Dilldine leads the team in tackles. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Milan play, but people from Trousdale said he was the real deal after they played DeKalb. York is fast and so are several of the DB's. Hoping it will be a good match-up.

Milan is our key weapon. Tough to tackle and very fast. Our main punt returnee. Been playing LB. All around good player. Hold him down and u have done a great job.

Some TC fans said he was less effective in the second half because he was playing both sides of the ball and seemed tired. Any truth to that? Upperman plays a few each way too. Hasn't been an issue because starters have never had to play a complete game. That may change this week.

its a diffrent thing. I think York I faster in the 40 and 100 than McCoin. MCCoin is a smother runner.Sorta like a race between Bo Jackson and Cam Newton. One is straight ahead fast(York)and will run threw you, one is shifty smooth like McCoin and will slip by you. McCoin would shift his way threw the D on long runs. York plants his foot, burst threw the line the he is gone and not being caught.

"U"Cumberland man , come clean are you York's dad ,uncle or what , maybe mom?

Some TC fans said he was less effective in the second half because he was playing both sides of the ball and seemed tired. Any truth to that? Upperman plays a few each way too. Hasn't been an issue because starters have never had to play a complete game. That may change this week.

Im sure he was a little tired and that probably played a small role. He didn't have as many yards in the second half but still had some nice runs. I felt we got away from the run a little to much in the second half as well. Out of all the games ive seen DC play this season, Milan has always been the fastest player on the field.

Heres a question for you UCman. How are the bees at containing the edge? I believe I have read where you said they have one good big DE correct? The majority of Milans big runs have been from taking it outside. He has had some but not that many off tackle big runs right up the middle.

what I seen, UH plays a 4-4. Two dt, two de and 4 lb. Ely #33 de is a beast. Program has him 6-3 287. The other de is pretty good and list at 6'1 245. Both outside line backers are slot receivers on offense so they have speed. #24 is one and is teams leading receiver and looks to be 5"11 200. The other olb is like 6' 210 and had some big hits and sacks the games I seen. Middle lb #12 6'1 220 and #5 5'10 185 are a good tandum. One DT is like 6'3 340.If they have a week spot, its at db. But my freind said last week, they started putting qb York back there.

what I seen, UH plays a 4-4. Two dt, two de and 4 lb. Ely #33 de is a beast. Program has him 6-3 287. The other de is pretty good and list at 6'1 245. Both outside line backers are slot receivers on offense so they have speed. #24 is one and is teams leading receiver and looks to be 5"11 200. The other olb is like 6' 210 and had some big hits and sacks the games I seen. Middle lb #12 6'1 220 and #5 5'10 185 are a good tandum. One DT is like 6'3 340.If they have a week spot, its at db. But my freind said last week, they started putting qb York back there.

The 4-4 is good at stopping the spread. If a team has smart athletic lbs it can be a thing of beauty. Do the Bees run a lot of blitz packages? In a 4-4 they are easy to conceal and alter, makes it hard for the offense to identify where the pressure is coming from. If they stay in a basic 4-4 with 8 men playing close to the line of scrimmage and aren't able to constantly get pressure, the secondary will be in for a long night. They have yet to face a team with an efficient passing attack so who knows how they will fair in that area. With DC being very balanced, the Bees D wont be able to focus on stopping just one thing the entire game. Areas in the defense will be open for exposure and I believe DC will be successful on offense one way or another.