Mt. Juliet vs Whitehaven

dannyq

No takers on the pre-game fellowship at the stadium?

dannyq my pregame ritual usually doesn't allow me to partake in the pre-game tail gaiting that goes on. I usually get there AT kickoff or minutes before. I love to get there to watch the teams stretch before the game. This Friday however, I will have an opportunity to get there early and mingle with the bar-b-que and turkey legs and what not. I'll try to be there a little earlier then my usual time. Otherwise, I'll be in my normal spot which is on the 50 yard-line 4 seats below the pressbox on the end of the bleacher seat next to the steps. I'll have on my my gold jogging suit pants with the black stripes down the side, my black Whitehaven hoodie along with my black Whitehaven baseball cap with a bandana (Black or Gold, I haven't decided which color yet) on my shaved head under the cap. Come by and holler at me if you can. I THINK I know who you are but I'm not sure. The same goes for you too BlackHavenSenator and anybody else who will be there.

Edited by kwc

We got a lot back too! i.e. #7 Mark Dodson, #5 Voodoo Sims, #1 (formerly #10 last Season) Gearld Perry (remember that opening play BOMB), #2 Pat Smith, and last but not least #9 Justin "Maceo" Hunt... And the Offense may have MORE Weapons this season!

#CantWait (Bart Scott voice)

I keep telling you Darius Sims' nick-name is 'Prime Time' not 'Voodoo'! (I'm still wondering why teams punt to him ... smh)

We replaced nine starters on defense. We weren't quite up to snuff in August. Last years defense was number one in the state. This years is number two. So your right Owlbooster. We are not as good as last year.

It has been a joy watching this defense come together as a unit. I've watched all of the DE's and the DT's that have been used make their auditions with live bullets flying at them. It has truly been fun to watch those guys go at it as they learn to play their respective positions, as well as, win the starting job. In turn, now Whitehaven has multiple options at every position on the DL. THAT in itself is a luxury most teams, regardless of classification, don't have.

Then there has been the secondary and LB's. With Adam Collins and Darrius Sims being the leading veterans coming back ... Those other guys all got thrown into the fire. I am so pleasantly pleased with Justin Hunt and Roderick Owens at the corners that I don't know what to do. I've watched those guys make plays time and time again. I'm beginning to wonder why teams are trying to throw deep on either of them. Then there is the diminutive David Rivers. If you think you are going to take advantage of him because of his stature ... you have another thing coming.

Yeah ... this is an very different defense then last years ... but highly effective.

No I picked MJ to win all those games, I believe Mount Juliet has a phenomenal team but I also do not have my head stuck in a hole. Whitehaven is an extremely talented team on both sides of the ball. To beat Whitehaven a team has to do what only Maryville can do in 6A football, OUT COACH them and sorry Perry isn't going to do that A.K.A. last year. I love my bears and I want them to do well but that does not mean getting on here spouting stupidity.

I have no dog in the fight and also pick WH to win this game, but a supporter coming on here w/ a defeated attitude talking like it is unrealistic to act like they have a chance to win this game? That sir is truly sad, this ladies and gentlemen is the 1st step to losing.....

I keep telling you Darius Sims' nick-name is 'Prime Time' not 'Voodoo'! (I'm still wondering why teams punt to him ... smh)

K-Dub,

As a person that came of age in the late 90s and early 2000s who slick idolized Prime Time, I, as well as other football players in my generation can ONLY see Deion Sanders as Prime Time. Calling Sims that would be borderline sacrilegious to me and unfair to him LOL. There WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER Deion Sanders. Its a generational thing I guess. :mrgreen:

Whitehaven C/O '02

Being from District 9, and a former Coach Perry fan, I must pull for MJ, but I don't think they will be able to win this one. I'm sure Coach Perry will be prepared, and maybe he can pull off the upset. Lord knows, I've seen him win many big games. Anyway, good luck to both teams this week, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone tomorrow! :)

Edited by PPride

While I'm taking a break from studying, let me TALK some FOOTBALL...

That #5 for MJ seems dangerous. I can see how that combo of him and #2 were able to put up the points they were against the Mid-State teams... We built a little bit differently in Memphis though.

But I can tell the coaching staff coaches those linemen hard. They are relentless blocking downfield... I mean they were taking guys to the Sidelines and pancaking folks in the middle of the field. I was somewhat impressed.

That Defense though... :mellow:

Mother told me if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all :arrow:

I dont know about that but from a complete football standpoint as I was at the game last year at MJ purely as a hs football fan w/ no dog in the fight I will say WH had excellent containment on the ends and very fast, athletic, LBs who had great pursuit from the inside out. Also, the corners really came up stuck hard while tackling well. The bottom line is, no matter how good you run the wing-t, this kind of defense w/ this personel is "built" to stop offenses like that. It doesnt matter how much you try to get that corner, there is just too much speed from the inside out and for the wing-t to be successful it needs that corner, it wants that corner, it simply cant have that corner (in my Jack Nicholson, lol). Anyway, to have a chance they will also need to pass which they have not done very often.....

A mere glimpse at THE MEMPHIS CITY SCHOOL CULTURE that kwc was referring to

These are the two Tuba solos that we use to hear on a regular basis after the Whitehaven team made a big play. This first one is my favorite. It always got my juices flowing when I heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jgZRri879HQ

This is my second favorite to hear during the game.

As it is, I don't hear either of them anymore.

Edited by kwc

Hmmmmm seems like MJ should save there gas money and time, perhaps stay home and eat left overs as they have no chance.....

Telling Dahaven don't look past this MJ squad

No one is looking past anyone... We may run past Those guys but we won't look past them. Oh How I wish we could get another First Down, Touchdown but I'm sure MJ's DBs will be playing at least 7 yards off.

:rolleyes: