Mt. Juliet vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Wonder if Whitehaven's team captains will shake hands during coin toss with MJ team captains

Rebels5star:

I have no idea why the Whitehaven captains didn't shake hands with the Maryville captains. I have several thoughts running through my mind as to why, but I'm not in the locker room so I don't know why. It would be pure speculation on my part.

However, that was last year against Maryville in the championship game. The only relevance I can gather for you making that statment in this thread is because you want to verify that Whitehaven is a classless team. Otherwise, why involve yourself in a Whitehaven vs Mt. Juliet thread when Maryville was never mentioned? Snuffy has already established earlier in this thread how classless Whitehaven is as a program. I guess you are seconding his statement. OK, you have made it known that you think Whitehaven is classless. Now what?

Edited by kwc

I don't know why others would doubt MJ. Sounds foolish to me. They ONLY made it to the semi's last year in 6A. (Sarcasm) If the other teams doubted MJ ... then MJ showed them!

Come on down and enjoy the game! By the way, I don't know if you MJ fans are aware, but the Whitehaven field is AT, not grass. It was installed this year ... brand spanking new. It looks great. No mud anywhere! You will love playing on it. I know we do!

Your field looks fantastic ! MJ travels well. We have several buses already scheduled to bring fans. Atmosphere will be great at and the weather good.

You are so right about emotion only lasting about 3-4 minutes. It will come down to execution and mistakes. MJ needs to limit DaHaven's number of big plays. I don't think there is another team in the state that has as many over 40 yards as the Tigers.

What are some good places to eat close to the stadium ? I am familiar with Memphis; but more of down town.

Your field looks fantastic ! MJ travels well. We have several buses already scheduled to bring fans. Atmosphere will be great at and the weather good.

You are so right about emotion only lasting about 3-4 minutes. It will come down to execution and mistakes. MJ needs to limit DaHaven's number of big plays. I don't think there is another team in the state that has as many over 40 yards as the Tigers.

What are some good places to eat close to the stadium ? I am familiar with Memphis; but more of down town.

I suggest that you try Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken. It has been featured on Food Network's Diner, Drive-ins and Dives. Look them up!

There are Plenty of Chain Restaurants up (North) and down (South) Elvis Presley Blvd that you can get a nice bite to eat. For the BBQ fans, I'm not a Pig Eater but Neely's Interstate BBQ on Third St. (10 min away off I-55) is good and if you're NOT AFRAID to roll into South Memphis A&R BBQ on Elvis Presley headed North is good too.

IMHO

I say save your money and eat the BBQ that will be at the School but if you want to have a sit down meal those are my suggestions.

I hope yall enjoy the 38116/38109 cuisine :hungry:

dannyq and BlackHavenSenator have suggested some alternatives you might like to try and I will name a few more options as well.

There is a really nice Bar-B-Q restaurant on Elvis Presley Blvd. that is about a mile north of the stadium called "Marlowe's Ribs & Restaurant". Home of the Pink Cadillac Limos. It has been featured on the Food Netork by the guy who has the spikey white hair you see doing food commercials on TV. Quality restaurant with quality food and bar. There is another Bar-B-Q restaurant on Elsvis Presley Blvd. in the same vicinity that recently opened called Pollard's Bar-B-Que. There is an IHOP on Shelby Drive in the parking lot of the Southland Mall. If none of those strike your fancy then you are a 15 minute drive from Goodman Road in Mississippi. (The school is approximately a mile or two from the Mississippi state line) Take I-55 south to Goodman Road and you have your choice from Longhorn, Qdobo, O' Charley's, Red Lobster, Over the Border, Ryans, Texas Roadhouse and more.

Edited by kwc

That "guy" is actually named Guy. Guy Fieri.

The only relevance my statement holds is the "guy's" name. B)

guy-fieri.jpg

I had to pick the photo with the Red/Black shirt.

I have to admit RR that you are Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to finding images that are relative to the topic at hand!

I suggest that you try Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken. It has been featured on Food Network's Diner, Drive-ins and Dives. Look them up!

There are Plenty of Chain Restaurants up (North) and down (South) Elvis Presley Blvd that you can get a nice bite to eat. For the BBQ fans, I'm not a Pig Eater but Neely's Interstate BBQ on Third St. (10 min away off I-55) is good and if you're NOT AFRAID to roll into South Memphis A&R BBQ on Elvis Presley headed North is good too.

IMHO

I say save your money and eat the BBQ that will be at the School but if you want to have a sit down meal those are my suggestions.

I hope yall enjoy the 38116/38109 cuisine :hungry:

Senator,T

Thanks for the food info. I think we will eat at the school. We try to help the schools as much as possible.

dannyq and BlackHavenSenator have suggested some alternatives you might like to try and I will name a few more options as well.

There is a really nice Bar-B-Q restaurant on Elvis Presley Blvd. that is about a mile north of the stadium called "Marlowe's Ribs & Restaurant". Home of the Pink Cadillac Limos. It has been featured on the Food Netork by the guy who has the spikey white hair you see doing food commercials on TV. Quality restaurant with quality food and bar. There is another Bar-B-Q restaurant on Elsvis Presley Blvd. in the same vicinity that recently opened called Pollard's Bar-B-Que. There is an IHOP on Shelby Drive in the parking lot of the Southland Mall. If none of those strike your fancy then you are a 15 minute drive from Goodman Road in Mississippi. (The school is approximately a mile or two from the Mississippi state line) Take I-55 south to Goodman Road and you have your choice from Longhorn, Qdobo, O' Charley's, Red Lobster, Over the Border, Ryans, Texas Roadhouse and more.

Thanks for the suggestions.