Mt. Juliet vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Come on people lets get real. Mount Juliet is going to Memphis for an out right but whoopin. MJ had no answer in any phase of the game last year and DaHaven has returned pretty much the entire team. Not a good matchup at all for MJ, DaHaven should be laying 40 points in this one.

Not the same teams or players as last year. Game won't be anything like last year. All MJ has heard since late in the season; is how we are too small, soft, can't handle this O line and that D.

DaHaven hasn't played anyone as physical as MJ. We will give up some size; but as the old saying goes " It's not the size of the dog in the fight; but the size of the fight in the dog. "

What DaHaven should do and what they will do may be two totally different things.

It will be a great game !

Go Bears !

Not the same teams or players as last year. Game won't be anything like last year. All MJ has heard since late in the season; is how we are too small, soft, can't handle this O line and that D.

DaHaven hasn't played anyone as physical as MJ. We will give up some size; but as the old saying goes " It's not the size of the dog in the fight; but the size of the fight in the dog. "

What DaHaven should do and what they will do may be two totally different things.

It will be a great game !

Go Bears !

If Whitehaven keep the turnovers to a minimum, (< 2) we'll win... No matter what MJ does.

If Whitehaven gets off the bus they will win and who cares about the band. It's not Whitehaven's fault Coach Perry won't let the band play. I hope I am completely wrong and MJ ends up in Cookeville but anybody who saw DaHaven last year and has seen them this year knows they are even better. Your right different players for MJ same players for DaHaven which means same result.

Trying to say that playing at Da Haven is just like playing any other team is laughable. 99.9% of schools have good sportsmanship. Ever been to a college game? No bands play when the other team has the ball. Da Haven is as far from classy as it gets. If you choose to travel there, don't expect normal hospitality

What is Normal Hospitality???

Talk about FOOTBALL.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

If Whitehaven gets off the bus they will win and who cares about the band. It's not Whitehaven's fault Coach Perry won't let the band play. I hope I am completely wrong and MJ ends up in Cookeville but anybody who saw DaHaven last year and has seen them this year knows they are even better. Your right different players for MJ same players for DaHaven which means same result.

Well, I live in Memphis and have seen them in person last year and this year and IMO they are not better than last year's team (and the players are not the same either). If you really are a MJ fan or supporter then you probably live in Nashville. So when and where did you see the Tigers play? Why have you just now become a first time poster who hypes the opponent and belittles your own team? And if in some twisted way you really are a MJ person, I hope for the Bears' sake there aren't many more like you. Too much negativity can create a black hole that will suck all of Metro Nashville into a "bearallel universe"

As a disclaimer to any Haven fans who might get their panties in a wad, I think they are still plenty good and capable of bringing a gold ball back to my home town, and I will be cheering for them to do so, hopefully in person. I expect them to be in Cookeville. I just don't think this game will be the cakewalk or shutout many are predicting. MJ's only loss was by 7 to a very good Beech team who has a runner just as good as Dotson. The best Middle Tennessee teams are always fundamentally sound, so they likely won't "beat themselves." We'll find out Friday.

Edited by owlbooster

Well, I live in Memphis and have seen them in person last year and this year and IMO they are not better than last year's team (and the players are not the same either). If you really are a MJ fan or supporter - and I don't believe for a second you really are - then you must live in Nashville. So when and where did you see the Tigers play? Why have you just now become a first time poster who hypes the opponent and belittles your own team? Who R U really? And if in some twisted way you really are a MJ person, I hope for the Bears' sake there aren't many more like you. Too much negativity can create a black hole....

As a disclaimer to any Haven fans who might get their panties in a wad, I think they are still plenty good and capable of bringing a gold ball back to my home town, and I will be cheering for them to do so, hopefully in person. I expect them to be in Cookeville. I just don't think this game will be the cakewalk or shutout many are predicting. MJ's only loss was by 7 to a very good Beech team who has a runner just as good as Dotson. The best Middle Tennessee teams are always fundamentally sound, so they likely won't "beat themselves."

Owlbooster, I coached these boys... YOUR OPINION IS WRONG... The End :ugeek:

Well, I live in Memphis and have seen them in person last year and this year and IMO they are not better than last year's team (and the players are not the same either). If you really are a MJ fan or supporter then you probably live in Nashville. So when and where did you see the Tigers play? Why have you just now become a first time poster who hypes the opponent and belittles your own team? And if in some twisted way you really are a MJ person, I hope for the Bears' sake there aren't many more like you. Too much negativity can create a black hole that will suck all of Metro Nashville into a "bearallel universe"

As a disclaimer to any Haven fans who might get their panties in a wad, I think they are still plenty good and capable of bringing a gold ball back to my home town, and I will be cheering for them to do so, hopefully in person. I expect them to be in Cookeville. I just don't think this game will be the cakewalk or shutout many are predicting. MJ's only loss was by 7 to a very good Beech team who has a runner just as good as Dotson. The best Middle Tennessee teams are always fundamentally sound, so they likely won't "beat themselves." We'll find out Friday.

Owlbooster is basing his opinion off of a scrimage in August. We are much better now. :mrgreen: