Covington vs. Fulton (This Wheeler man against this Black man)

Roy Dillard

I suppose since you are talking to whomever made the statement I shouldn't be offended at you saying the Chargers are pretenders. But if 2nd place is pretenders I'll google and see what the correct term for giles 3rd or 4rth place finish is. Pretty sure they would ban me if I used my term :roflolk:

It is pretty clear once again the best teams in the state come from quads one and two. Giles and East Hamilton would clearly beat Covington, Greenevile possibly would as well.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, congratulations to Fulton. I saw the squads during warmups and the size and sheer numbers of players for Fulton were both impressive. The depth that Fulton had definitely wore out my Chargers as the game went on.

I will say that the QB for Fulton seemed to me to be the difference-maker. Covington was able to contain the Fulton running game early on, but could never stop the passing game. And, this was the best defensive backfield I have ever seen for the Chargers.

Second, I am very proud of our Covington team for the year that we had. 14-0 was a new season mark for the Chargers, and we will be talking about this team for years. Every playoff team from 4A except Fulton ended the year with a loss. I would rather be #2 in the State than anything but #1.

For the Fulton fans, again congratulations on the Championship. To all other teams in 4A, I know that you wish that you had been in Cookeville, but our team earned that slot and we are very proud of them despite this loss.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Fulton fans: Do any of you know the Falcons' non-district opponents for the 2013 season? I have heard somewhere that Fulton will not be playing Alcoa next season, and I'm interested to see who you guys will pick up in their place. Congratulations on an excellent season...I expect to see you guys back in Cookeville in 2013!

LA should be in this conversation

didnt they lose to white house...who lost to liberty...who lost to covington...no LA shouldnt be in this convo...

u ppl are a joke...ur all acting like covington was awful...like thats how they played all year...as if to say ur teams never had a bad night...obviously they did because covington and fulton were the only ones playing saturday...

teams dont always play at their best like we as fans always want and expect them too...even in state championship games...

They did play the champs as well as anyone in the playoffs..No one else held them to 35!

It's all about match ups. I said that LA would lose to Fulton by at lest two touchdown, and they did. I also said that Covington would lose to Fulton by at least two touchdowns, and they did. LA would lose to any of the semifinal teams by at least two touchdowns. I only wish the games could be played to be proven correct. Then maybe some of you delusion fans will view your favourite teams objectively. That's my final word on this point. This season is over. Focus on next season.

First, congratulations to Fulton. I saw the squads during warmups and the size and sheer numbers of players for Fulton were both impressive. The depth that Fulton had definitely wore out my Chargers as the game went on.

I will say that the QB for Fulton seemed to me to be the difference-maker. Covington was able to contain the Fulton running game early on, but could never stop the passing game. And, this was the best defensive backfield I have ever seen for the Chargers.

Second, I am very proud of our Covington team for the year that we had. 14-0 was a new season mark for the Chargers, and we will be talking about this team for years. Every playoff team from 4A except Fulton ended the year with a loss. I would rather be #2 in the State than anything but #1.

For the Fulton fans, again congratulations on the Championship. To all other teams in 4A, I know that you wish that you had been in Cookeville, but our team earned that slot and we are very proud of them despite this loss.

Thanks .. Charger fan ... Covington camr to play .. they played hard and I was impressed with the character of the kids from both teams ..alot of respect .. helping each other up etc .. and I saw #1 for Covington clap when a Fulton player was awarded a trophy .. alot of class there ... and Covington had us reeling in the first qtr ..we wasnt really ready for that wing T --hadnt played against it ..took some adjustment s at halftime to slow it down .. plus Covingotn had too many kids going both ways it looked like .. Falcons only have maybe 3 or 4 that go both ways all the time .. but size and some great plays won in the end ... #44 for Covington was impressive ... #5 could never get loose and we kept #1 in front of us ... the difference in 1st qtr and rest of game was in 2nd thru 4th qtrs we put Covington in more passing downs and thats not their strenghth ... would have liked to have seen Falcons run a few bootlegs to slow down #5 and #26 from crashing down the line but hey thats why they are coaches and Im a spectator ...

It's all about match ups. I said that LA would lose to Fulton by at lest two touchdown, and they did. I also said that Covington would lose to Fulton by at least two touchdowns, and they did. LA would lose to any of the semifinal teams by at least two touchdowns. I only wish the games could be played to be proven correct. Then maybe some of you delusion fans will view your favourite teams objectively. That's my final word on this point. This season is over. Focus on next season.

Thats your opinion..So bye!