Coach Bland (HOSED) by Humboldt

GCPioneer

The fact of the matter is that we do not know the whole story and probalby never will. Yes Balnd had a good run there. He was able to make the playoffs. He had winning seasons. The thing is they just decided to go in a different direction. It happens all over America. In the corporate world, college, pro, and high school.

Was it done in a politcaly correct fashion? NO!

Does the school admin have the right to make these decisions? YES!

Coach Reid would have been stupid to turn down the job. People are saying he is suspect for accepting it...If you were offered a promotion at work would you take it....You may say NO on this message board...but deep down you would say YES

He should have either told the administration to talk to Bland or he should have notified BN

land himself. If this administration remains intact the same thing will likely happen to Reid, because they apparently have no class or guts. I have no problem with Reid accepting the job but it's better to accept a job that's actually open. He should keep that fact in mind. I suppose if he goes on a 22-2 district run including two district titles he should fear for his job. And he should always keep in the back of his mind that even though he holds the job of head coach it could already be given to someone else. Are you sure that YOU would take a job knowing that??????

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should read this! Very interesting article by the Jackson Sun! Humboldt gave no reason as to why they fired Coach Bland except that they wanted Reid as a coach.... now, Humboldt fans, defend that course of action....

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20121128/SPORTS/311280019/SHIELDS-COLUMN-Dan-Bland-deserved-reason-fired?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|

Well, I've heard it all now. Let me just say that the Humboldt school system is apparently headed up by the INEPT. The leader of the school system was quoted in the Jackson Sun as FINALLY giving the reason behind the firing of Bland. He said he fired Bland in order to "give Reid a shot to be the coach". Did he REALLY say that? Is it possible that the head of the school system, of ANY school system, would give THAT as the reason why they just fired their head coach. I can't believe what I just read. Amazed is an understatement. Now I will brace myself as the TWO Humboldt fans in existence respond with how that's such a perfect reason to fire the coach and how great of a high school player Reid was.

The only problem is Bland deserved better treatment. You don’t tell so many people that the coach is about to be fired that word eventually spreads to the assistant coaches, causing the coach to approach the administration about his job security. You go to the coach first.

And when you talk with the coach, you let him know why he’s being fired. With Bland in charge, Humboldt football won games. Humboldt football put kids in college. Humboldt football improved its facilities. Just look at the fieldhouse and weight room now compared to five years ago with better equipment and an area that can double as a small indoor practice facility.

I’ve been in the fieldhouse enough to know that Bland and his coaching staff care about their players and want nothing but the best for them, even if that means putting another man in the head coach’s office.

Dan Bland deserved to get the truth from the administration and not some empty explanation that’s become the norm in football and other sports.

I’m sure if Moss or Bayko were ever forced out of their positions, they would expect the same thing.

Edited by Butchie