Coach Bland (HOSED) by Humboldt

GCPioneer

hey Tennessee is a right to work state. You have the right to hire and fire anyone at anytime. The problem i would have in this situation is that he had to approach the administration about it. He should have been the first to be informed.

I agree that it's the right of the administration to have the coach of their choosing,for whatever reason.Having said that,there's an honorable way to that end result and it was not taken.People were spoken to about the job some time ago,evidently behind Coach Bland's back while he was doing his job in good faith.I know that's not a criminal act,but moraly how do you shop someones job out while pretending to support them...et tu,Brute?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it's the right of the administration to have the coach of their choosing,for whatever reason.Having said that,there's an honorable way to that end result and it was not taken.People were spoken to about the job some time ago,evidently behind Coach Bland's back while he was doing his job in good faith.I know that's not a criminal act,but moraly how do you shop someones job out while pretending to support them...et tu,Brute?

that was my point too Trader. lots better ways to handle this situation

This is going to remind me what is happening with Pete Carroll right now. Remember Pete Carroll days at USC winning? Now he is the current head coach at Seattle Seahawks in the NFL. Pete was always winning games in the Pac-10, now he is in Seattle being ABOUT a .500 team maybe a little over. The competition changes between different age groups. But I am kinda eager to see what Reid will do, his first year may not be pretty. Humboldt is taking a risky shot not making the playoffs next year.

Humboldt will have a good year next year with all of the talent they have coming back. I would be shocked if they don't make the playoffs. However, the year after will tell the tale as next year's senior will have graduated.

Someone in Humboldt needs to tell this new coach that he needs to make sure and fill out his survey for my Murphy Fair book. I garuntee you it makes me real mad when these coaches wont fill out their survey. You think im joking but im not.

haha! Roy, they could give a rats about your book... Some people around here don't even know who Murphy Fair is nor do they care! You think I'm joking, but I'm not!

Who is Dorian Reid? Like I said, this sounds like the good old boy system in full effect. It'll be interesting to see what Coach Bland puts in the jacksonsun regarding his firing. I'm sure he will take the high road here, but it's pretty evident he got shafted. It doesn't look good considering Bland had to go to administration and ask about rumors that turned out to be true. When did Humboldt plan on telling him and what would their reasoning have been?

If Bland were a black man and Junior Reid were white, this would be national news. The Humboldt community has taken a LARGE step backwards

If Bland were a black man and Junior Reid were white, this would be national news. The Humboldt community has taken a LARGE step backwards

I'm not trying to turn this into a race thing....will easily get this thread shut down and cause problems. In my post, I was not making it out as a race thing. It is evident though that there was a buddy system involved in this hire as Coach Bland was oblivious to it all until he went and asked. I'm eager to see the Jackson Sun put out an article to see what each party says here...

I'm not trying to turn this into a race thing....will easily get this thread shut down and cause problems. In my post, I was not making it out as a race thing. It is evident though that there was a buddy system involved in this hire as Coach Bland was oblivious to it all until he went and asked. I'm eager to see the Jackson Sun put out an article to see what each party says here...

Coach Bland is a class act. His response will be honest but appropriate. He will handle it much better than I would.

I heard the principal, superintendent, and football booster club president were going to blind-side Bland with the whole thing.. Bland went in and called em out on it ..... Three cowards & a Coach with a huge pair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explain to me why/how a "football booster club president" has any say or input in such a matter as firing and hiring of a football coach!!?? Humboldt High is not a "state university" nor a "private institution" where $$ moves the meter.....please tell me that your post is purely speculation and hear-say!?

This is going to remind me what is happening with Pete Carroll right now. Remember Pete Carroll days at USC winning? Now he is the current head coach at Seattle Seahawks in the NFL. Pete was always winning games in the Pac-10, now he is in Seattle being ABOUT a .500 team maybe a little over. The competition changes between different age groups. But I am kinda eager to see what Reid will do, his first year may not be pretty. Humboldt is taking a risky shot not making the playoffs next year.

I'm much more interested to see what Humboldt does in years two, three, and four of Coach Reid's tenure. Humboldt WILL WIN withanyone at the controls next season. I was at the game and they were a junior dominated team last season and their very best players were juniors. Next year will tell us NOTHING unless Coach Reid finds a way to screw it up. I would expect no less than 9-1 and a trip to at least the semis in 1A with what they have coming back.