Gallatin's 2013 schedule

GREENWAVE84EG

I hope the Portland game does get moved.

Stewarts Creek, could be a good time to play the up and coming school since there will be a majority of underclassmen playing the first couple of years. Big question mark right now on just who will be the head coach and what they will run on offense and defense.

Trousdale Co, this is a huge gate game. Gallatin will be predicted to win due to the difference in size of the two schools but it could also be a huge trap game for Gallatin. Football is not a joke in Hartsville. They will circle this one on the calendar.

I think your right on here about the gate for the TC Gallatin game. This is a very intriguing match up for the surrounding area schools here in Sumner Co. I just wish it could be played on Thursday night. I have a son that plays for Westmoreland and dont want to miss his game but I would love to see the Greenwave playing on the creekbank and I'm sure most of Westmoreland would be interested as well as many from Portland, Lafayette, etc. etc..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Beech once again is the leader going into next year. Led by Hurd and Carter means instant offense.

Hendersonville will be better offensively but looses some size and experience on the lines.

Mt Juliet will be tough because of Perry however, they loose a very very good experienced backfield. Chowbay will have to step up and be a strong leader.

Portland, i think they get better but will never have enough to win the district. The single wing is hard to defend and they have some skill coming up.

Wilson Central has some good skill players returning. Not sure about their defense but I dont think they drop off too much.

Lebanon always has talent but they have no focus. Depends on their new coach.

Station Camp has a ton returning and should be better on both sides of the ball. They should be very strong and experienced in the lines.

Gallatin, question mark on the coaches. Need more discipline and need to find some skill players. Schedule should help them this year.

Having been to Trousdale several times, this game will be a packed house especially if both perform well early on. They don't possess the depth but they have solid coaching.

Gallatin will have another very tough year. Coaching staff will have a tough situation with the lack of skill position kids. They have really got to coach up the next 2 years.

I would agree with that assessment. Based on returning talent Beech and Station Camp should be at the top of the district next year. The Gallatin freshman team has I believe 1 win in the past 2 seasons so the staff does have a tough job. Beyond that the 2 middle schools had very good years(Shafer 1st and Rucker finished very strong). As long as those kids end up at GHS and not any other school in the county they will have a bright future.

Mondo, the key is keeping all of that talent in town. Williams is working very hard on doing that. Most all of the key guys on Ruckers team are zoned for Gallatin and Shafer had some good players as well. Future looks good but getting there might be rough.

I agree with your assessment, however, I see the discipline from the coaches there, just a small group of individuals over the past couple of years lacking full commitment to team first. It may be rough but the future is bright. Rucker was undefeated and Shafer was 4-4 with a good core group. I here all are coming that are zoned for Gallatin except maybe QB from Shafer. He played travel Baseball with group of kids going to JPII. Seems travel ball coach is assistant at JPII. Wait and see.

Also, hear schedule will not change. No week 0. Play Station Camp Fall Break.

How do you see the 9AAA shaping out next year?

Beech loses a lot; but will have Hurd back.

MJ losses alot of skill people and will be way under the radar; but look out for them. They will have a very good team.

Gallatin will be much improved as will be Station Camp.

Wilson Central losses some good seniors; but will have planety of talent.

Hendersonville is always tough.

I don't know what Portland has and Lebanon will have a new coach again.

good point about Hville, freshman team especially the d line very good this year and the speed from last year's freshman team was very good. Hville's non district schedule next year will be Riverdale, Brentwood and Hunters Lane. Riverdale is always good, Brentwood loses 36 seniors but has a good program going and Hunters Lane has lost 20 something in a row. Hville looks good at the skill spots but will be very young and inexperienced at the line of scrimmage.

this year was a hard one to stomach, especially the station camp game. from the sounds of it next year wont be easy either. surely we can manage better than 3-7 tho... hoping for 5 or 6 wins and a playoff spot.

as for the rest of the district, beech will be good again but this year will be hard to replicate with all they lose.

sc could make some noise...

mj will still be good but will fall to the pack a little bit.

hville will do better than 4-6. probably a playoff team next year, but i don't expect them to have the same kind of success in 6A.

dont kno about wc.

i think beech or mj wins it. probably beech because they have eric dickerson.....i mean jalen hurd in the backfield, and craig james.....i mean dorian carter back there with him. but still gonna be hard for the team itself to be as good as this year.

Beech loses 16 starters. They get all 3 rb's back and 1 o lineman back. On d they get a lb, a corner and a safety back. There is good size and skill returning, it will simply be a question of how quickly they step up. The leadership and attitude of this year's sr class will be hard to duplicate. Did I mention we have the best rb in the country returning?

MJ will have probably the toughest schedule in school history. Non conference games with Anitoch, Centennial and Blackman. The Bears will be very good and battle Beech for 9AAA title. Defense will be very good the next two years. ( Nine players coming back on defense that had 20 or more tackles.; this with losing 8 startes on the D. )

You don't replace a McCathern or a Hopkins as players and more importantly as classy young men; but the offense will good. Loads of experience and talent in the backfield and a good O line.