MHS v. Whitehaven

OG1

U have 3 yd area and the call was awful. Worst call ever. Referee not there to decide game but he did. WH is tough. Rebs should have won. No questions.

I saw more than one bad call on both sides of the field tonight, but to say the refs decided this game is a ridiculous stretch at best and absolute lunacy at worst. Maryville had 47 other minutes and a full overtime to win the game. That's the bottom line.

Not to mention, there is definitely no guarantee that Whitehaven wouldn't have scored again, even if the 2 pt conversion had been good. For one, there is a big difference in urgency between being down by 1 and being tied at that point of the game, and secondly, regardless of that fact, they still managed to get deep into Maryville territory and could have won it in regulation if they had spiked the ball on that last play.

Again, just give credit where credit is due.

I saw more than one bad call on both sides of the field tonight, but to say the refs decided this game is a ridiculous stretch at best and absolute lunacy at worst. Maryville had 47 other minutes and a full overtime to win the game. That's the bottom line.

Not to mention, there is definitely no guarantee that Whitehaven wouldn't have scored again, even if the 2 pt conversion had been good. For one, there is a big difference in urgency between being down by 1 and being tied at that point of the game, and secondly, regardless of that fact, they still managed to get deep into Maryville territory and could have won it in regulation if they had spiked the ball on that last play.

Again, just give credit where credit is due.

With whitehaven down one maryville likely wins. They then have to pass the ball. they got about 20 yards passing all game long. Still, MHS had their chance and so did whitehaven and whitehaven took advantage and won. Congrats to them.

I felt like quarles called a poor game. Should have loosened up the whitehaven defense with some first down passing.

With whitehaven down one maryville likely wins. They then have to pass the ball. they got about 20 yards passing all game long. Still, MHS had their chance and so did whitehaven and whitehaven took advantage and won. Congrats to them.

I felt like quarles called a poor game. Should have loosened up the whitehaven defense with some first down passing.

I think the two interceptions early, combined with the way MHS was moving the ball on the ground, kept GQ from calling more passes. The two fumbles killed drives where they were moving the ball well, if they don't drop it on the ground those two times, more than likely the score isn't close at the end.

Quarles i think has just a tad bit of room to call a bad game.(if he even did) He only has 9 or 10 state titles lol. Some fans are never satisfied. If i was a Maryville fan i don't think i would ever question anything George Quarles did/does. Just me.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

I think the two interceptions early, combined with the way MHS was moving the ball on the ground, kept GQ from calling more passes. The two fumbles killed drives where they were moving the ball well, if they don't drop it on the ground those two times, more than likely the score isn't close at the end.

Very true, just felt like the whitehaven defense was able to defend the run in the 2nd because we weren't threatening with the pass. Felt like we should have thrown on an early down to take advantage of them being in the box. Make them back up and run it down their throats again.

Quarles i think has just a tad bit of room to call a bad game.(if he even did) He only has 9 or 10 state titles lol. Some fans are never satisfied. If i was a Maryville fan i don't think i would ever question anything George Quarles did/does. Just me.

I am not dissing the man. Just saying that I felt he should have opened it up more. He did a good job still, but felt like he could have taken it to whitehaven a bit more through the air.

Nobody on the goal line.....but even if they were o the goal line.....read the rule

I know the rule. No linemen downfield on a forward pass, blocking or not, until the pass is completed. That why they drop back to pass block, but I think they are allowed 3 yds, so it may have been iffy there.

Edited by powellphoto