Charlie High

lovemesomehsfb

Ha. No wadded panties here. But if your own "faithful" don't have your back who will? Golden boy is correct, as in 2 Gold Balls that we most likely wouldn't have without him. But I do understand that CH just doesn't meet the profile for many recruiters and it is an obstacle that he may/may not overcome. It doesn't bother me at all for people to have a differing opinion. Some of the posts have included some sarcasm as well, which has been pointed out.

Well said. He is a heck of a football player!!

You can say what you want to say about his size, his arm strength, his body frame, the system, playing in 3A in Tennessee, whatever. He's the best high school quarterback I've seen come through this part of the state since I started caring about high school football. If you have a moment to spare, click the link I am going to post, scroll down and read the blog entry titled "Charlie High". It is written by former CAK quarterback and current co-host of the Tony Basilio Show on TSR 1180, Richard Harb.

http://tonybasilio.c...p?page=richard3

Edited by CoachLogan74

The kid can flat out play the game as everyone can see no matter what level of football he is playing at...everyone had to get a start somewhere. The fact is no one knows how good he can be or what he can accomplish if no one is brave enough to give him a chance. He could be another Johnny Football....just ask Mack Brown if he wished he had a time machine... :huh:

You can say what you want to say about his size, his arm strength, his body frame, the system, playing in 3A in Tennessee, whatever. He's the best high school quarterback I've seen come through this part of the state since I started caring about high school football. If you have a moment to spare, click the link I am going to post, scroll down and read the blog entry titled "Charlie High". It is written by former CAK quarterback and current co-host of the Tony Basilio Show on TSR 1180, Richard Harb.

http://tonybasilio.c...p?page=richard3

Great post, and an excellent read. Harb was an excellent QB as well and we are fortunate to have him back in the program.

This kid is the best I have ever seen in the pocket. Yes, he has a great line which has a D-1 left tackle, but he makes a lot of plays with his feet. in a shot gun system,SPREAD TEAMS, you are further from the line and can see better. And as well as he throws on the run he can roll out if needed. This guy does the little things you look for in a QB but have heard rumors he isn't getting looks because he is a system QB?

Great post, and an excellent read. Harb was an excellent QB as well and we are fortunate to have him back in the program.

Yes he was. CRB would have his QB's watch video of Harb to show them what he expected from his quarterbacks. I'm sure future QB's will be watching videos of CH. Harb had a cannon of an arm, and he was a lefty like Epperly. Harb just didn't have the team around him that Epperly and High did or he would have gotten more pub too. Love it when past players come back and get involved with the program. The players love having him around. :thumb:

Don't over think this guys. I don't claim to be more knowledgeable than any of these big time college recruiters and, with all due respect, I would venture to say that most of my fellow CoachTers aren't either.

If CH was a big time college player he would have a big time offer. And that in no way is a knock on the kid, but the facts are the facts. His incredible high school stat line is just that, a high school stat line.