Charlie High

lovemesomehsfb

Don't over think this guys. I don't claim to be more knowledgeable than any of these big time college recruiters and, with all due respect, I would venture to say that most of my fellow CoachTers aren't either.

If CH was a big time college player he would have a big time offer. And that in no way is a knock on the kid, but the facts are the facts. His incredible high school stat line is just that, a high school stat line.

There is no question CH is a college level player, the only question is at what level. While I am not saying CH is a future NFL player, the fact is that most every year, there are kids drafted into the NFL from smaller college programs. The point here is that in those cases, the major colleges clearly underestimated those players' ability to compete in not only college but eventually the Pros. Sometimes even the "experts" underestimate a kid's ability to play at the next level. I believe Charlie High is a case in point.

There is no question CH is a college level player, the only question is at what level. While I am not saying CH is a future NFL player, the fact is that most every year, there are kids drafted into the NFL from smaller college programs. The point here is that in those cases, the major colleges clearly underestimated those players' ability to compete in not only college but eventually the Pros. Sometimes even the "experts" underestimate a kid's ability to play at the next level. I believe Charlie High is a case in point.

Those are all fair points and CH very well could be on of those guys. But those type of guys are the exception, not the rule.

IMO, there a numerous examples of guys,

Patton Robinnette for example, that had better physical tools and equally good mental aptitude. These guys just didn't get the opportunity to play in a system like CH.

Those are all fair points and CH very well could be on of those guys. But those type of guys are the exception, not the rule.

Patton Robinnette for example, that had better physical tools and equally good mental aptitude. These guys just didn't get the opportunity to play in a system like CH.

The system cuts both ways. The system he played in helped with yardage, but hurt with lack of snaps under center, as far as being considered at the next level IMO. The system gave him the opportunity to pass for almost 11,000 yards, but it did not make him the most accurate high school passer in the history of the nation, for single season and career. I have nothing but good things to say about Robinette and I have seen many really good high school QB's over the last 20 years, but I would take Charlie High over every one of them (in high school), in an offense that relies on throwing the ball and having a mobil QB. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, and I respect your point of view, I just don't agree with one of your points in particular. Your original post stated that his outstanding high school stat lines were just that, a high school stat line. Regardless of what potential High has or doesn't have at the next level, his stats were way more than just, "a high school stat line." The national records, state records, 2 championship MVP's, and leading his team to two consecutive state championships are, IMO, a clear indication that his performance is the standard that other TN high school QB's will be measured against.

I was following you Doc until you brought up the system quarterback to end all system quarterbacks... Just don't...

The experts don't miss often. Sometimes they're passed over for being a grades risk-especially now that there are penalties for football players flunking, or they're behavior risks. Those players sometimes end up making the NFL even out of FCS or Division II schools but more likely they're gone after a year of college, if that long. The quarterback being talked about here seems like the opposite but if the choice is between him, or a bigger-stronger-faster QB usually bigger-stronger-faster will get the offer. He can play FCS get a great education and have it paid for if no "big boys" come calling and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think that this difference of opinion will take a 'couple or three years to be settled.Both sides make valid points...personaly I'm not betting against Mr.High.To play his carreer off as "a system QB" is not rational though.Every quarterback to ever play football,and every system/situation (O line/receivers/playbook) combination couldn't produce better numbers than Charlie in high school...not entirely a coincidence if you ask me.Am I saying that he's the best prospective college quarterback ever? No .Could the QB at your school duplicate his numbers in the same situation...

Edited by tradertwo

I think that this difference of opinion will take a 'couple or three years to be settled.Both sides make valid points...personaly I'm not betting against Mr.High.To play his carreer off as "a system QB" is not rational though.Every quarterback to ever play football,and every system/situation (O line/receivers/playbook) combination couldn't produce better numbers than Charlie in high school...not entirely a coincidence if you ask me.Am I saying that he's the best prospective college quarterback ever? No .Could the QB at your school duplicate his numbers in the same situation...

YES, Al Cobb from GIles County could have the same numbers in the same situation. High had a completion percentage of .738 Cobb was .731, High was at 10.71 yards per attempt Cobb was at 11.3 yards per attempt. High had 231 more attempts but giving the percentage and yards per attempt I believe you can plug Cobb into the offense and produce the same numbers.

Another similarity is that Cobb has no big offers just one from Virginia Military and Cobb is close to 6'3" but only about 180 lbs

Edited by 95cats

Since I'm not a CAK season ticket holder, I have seen other quarterbacks play in Tennessee. Here are QB's I've seen with my own eyes that are better than High in the last 4 years.

Bo Wallace, Reese Phillips, Patton Robinette, Jacob Huesman, and Terrell Robinson.

Go ahead Warrior faithful "I'm a roast, baste me!"

Since I'm not a CAK season ticket holder, I have seen other quarterbacks play in Tennessee. Here are QB's I've seen with my own eyes that are better than High in the last 4 years.

Bo Wallace, Reese Phillips, Patton Robinette, Jacob Huesman, and Terrell Robinson.

Go ahead Warrior faithful "I'm a roast, baste me!"

no roasting or basting necessary. If everyone agreed, it would make for a very dull message board.

What FCS schools are offering?

Unfortunately regardless of the stats, in this time of youtube, camps, combines, twitter, etc. many coaches are looking for kids that fit a specific mold. If you don't fit it, you don't get a look. Hopefully he will get a chance somewhere.

Does anybody know if he attended any camps.

I don't know the kid but I know several people who kids go to CAK, but from what I hear not only is a great quarterback, he's s a kid all around, so I wish him the best however it turns out.