David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

David Peden is my guess. Rumors were there was a verbal understanding but nothing in writing weeks ago. That of course to be able to deny any and all rumors.

I would hope that there was not an agreement with another coach to take over at Goodpasture before Coach Martin was notified he was no longer wanted. Kind of like the Tuberville/Petrino drama with Auburn. Edited by orangecrush

From people I talked with, when a current administrator got to Goodpasture a few years ago they started making recommendations on how the team should play on the field. Basically stating that they had past experience and knew what they were talking about. Pretty easy to see where it started. That was somewhere around the time they were going to three straight state title games.

From people I talked with, when a current administrator got to Goodpasture a few years ago they started making recommendations on how the team should play on the field. Basically stating that they had past experience and knew what they were talking about. Pretty easy to see where it started. That was somewhere around the time they were going to three straight state title games.

I would think that it would be hard for an administrator to simply get rid of a coach like Coach Martin. There has to be some other guys behind the scene pulling strings. Once again, if there had already been a verbal agreement made with another coach, then shame on Goodpasture and I would think real hard if I was the incoming coach. Don't think for one minute they won't do it to you too.

Do you know Coach Dorris? Great guy great coach. Ask kids both what they think about him. You have no idea what you are talking about. Paul Wade really? He a more upstanding choice, he wins because he has put himself where the best players are, don't give him all the credit. Any decent coach could win with players he has had.