David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

Coach Martin did not want to allow the players that were suspended back on the team. This was a direct command from the top administrator. Coach Martin wanted to allow them back on after the season was over and after they worked their way back into the program. When they cam back it caused many problems on the team and the team chemistry was destroyed. It was a wonder they did as well as they did. For those who question, yes he was forced out. Why would a coach resign in the middle of the school year, unless he had another opportunity already lined up, which he does not at this time. He was ask on Wednesday to clean out his office and tell the players he would not be the coach at Goodpasture. Some way to treat a man who has done so much for the school.

i will be the first to say im not to big on the private schools playing the publics but i know that martin was a winner period! he done the old school thing and gave the right punishment to those players. but this day and time nobody wants to take their medicine. they want to use their power and money and what ever else to weasel out of the right punisment.no true lesson can be learned from this.martin was in charge,it should have been his way and no other way because "HE EARNED IT" the ole fashion way,which still works by the way.good luck coach martin and goodpasture will regrett this.
  • Upvote 1

I am amazed. Mote is 63-73 as a head football coach in 13 years. He was 54-62 in 11 years at Columbia Academy with 4 playoff trips during that time. He was 9-11 in 2 years at Alabama Christian. This is seriously the best choice that Goodpasture could find?

this goes back to an earlier post of mine.when you do the wrong things for the wrong reason it will always come back and bite ya. they should have left coach martin alone and let him do his thing.like i said im not the biggest fan of his but under any circumstances you have to respect the man.

I am amazed. Mote is 63-73 as a head football coach in 13 years. He was 54-62 in 11 years at Columbia Academy with 4 playoff trips during that time. He was 9-11 in 2 years at Alabama Christian. This is seriously the best choice that Goodpasture could find?

He'sa not at Columbia Academy,the talent level could be a little different. I am amazed that they let Martin go,.I think his accomplishments speak for themselves.

Were their hands tied in that they had to hire a football coach that was Church of Christ?