District 3AAA

DyronNix

Powell just has OR's number, obviously.

No, they make you play a patient game. Our current set of players need to grow up a little and exercise some patience and work on ball movement and make their open looks. Tonight was a good game for our guys in that you can't run everyone out of the gym. They need to learn from this loss instead of not learning from the close win @ Karns.

No, they make you play a patient game. Our current set of players need to grow up a little and exercise some patience and work on ball movement and make their open looks. Tonight was a good game for our guys in that you can't run everyone out of the gym. They need to learn from this loss instead of not learning from the close win @ Karns.

Yep, all our guys wanna do is run up and down the floor and lay the ball up..Sometimes teams are going to force you to shoot jump shots. We don't have many good "shooters" on our team, to be honest.

71-58 Halls over Clnton. Halls had the lead all night but Clinton would never go away. Moore had 25 but he was cold shooting all night. And the officials were HORRIBLE!!! They made us play out of our comfort zone, and it showed. Oh well, a win is a win. On to AC next week.

Edited by parfive00

71-58 Halls over Clnton. Halls had the lead all night but Clinton would never go away. Moore had 25 but he was cold shooting all night. And the officials were HORRIBLE!!! They made us play out of our comfort zone, and it showed. Oh well, a win is a win. On to AC next week.

That's one thing about Clinton, parfive, they don't give up. That is a scrappy bunch of kids. Did the same thing against OR. They aren't as bad as their record indicates.

BTW CarolinaCrazy, i told you OR wouldn't go undefeated in district play. I don't claim to know a lot, but i do know my OR sports lol Any team that doesn't wanna get in an up and down the court battle with us is gonna have a good chance to beat us.Halls and Powell both are those types of teams that give us headaches. BTW congrats to Powell, they are a very well coached team like you said, but they also have some players. That one kid couldn't miss a shot! Can't remember his name. Lots of games to go still, though. OR could lose a few more tbh in this next stretch of games we have coming up. DB, then Science Hill. Both are very good teams.

Edited by SweetScience

Wow, shocked CC isn't on here rubbing in that OR loss LOL

LOL. Yea im gonna get on here and bash an 8-1 team thats beat my two teams by 30 and 40 points. LOL. Not shocked that Powell beat them either. Ogan's got a knack for these type games, keeping his team from being awe struck, and playing their game. What I am surpised about is the 11 trey's they hit. When Campbell played them to a 2 point game, they just hit a couple three's. Tells me OR didnt come to play that night, maybe didnt give the effort they had been giving. Its hard to keep a bunch of kids focused, when there hammering everyone in the district, u Know? OR's still my pick.

On another note: Im a little miffed that 4 pages of this thread were deleted. Dont get on here and ask for peoples oppinions, and want us to keep u up to date, and then when someone starts hammering a coach or school, and you dont like it, it Dissapears! Just My oppinion!

LOL. Yea im gonna get on here and bash an 8-1 team thats beat my two teams by 30 and 40 points. LOL. Not shocked that Powell beat them either. Ogan's got a knack for these type games, keeping his team from being awe struck, and playing their game. What I am surpised about is the 11 trey's they hit. When Campbell played them to a 2 point game, they just hit a couple three's. Tells me OR didnt come to play that night, maybe didnt give the effort they had been giving. Its hard to keep a bunch of kids focused, when there hammering everyone in the district, u Know? OR's still my pick.

On another note: Im a little miffed that 4 pages of this thread were deleted. Dont get on here and ask for peoples oppinions, and want us to keep u up to date, and then when someone starts hammering a coach or school, and you dont like it, it Dissapears! Just My oppinion!

LOL yep, them 3's won them the game..That and us going 9- of 20 something at the line...Terrible FT shooting. If we woulda hit most of those we woulda won. Shoulda coulda woulda doesn't help a thing, though. We got a lot of improving to do. And i agree with the posts being deleted. Seems CoachT gets a little delete happy every now and again lol...Suck for the one's who actually pay for this ;) It's his site though and he runs it how he wants to, so i repsect that.

Simple FT, 3's, and hustle. They hit their's and OR didn't . I'm not going to sit here and say that OR didn't come to play. Powell just flat out, out played them on both ends of the floor. 13 and 11 for Powell couldn't miss. 13 is the same kid who helped Powell upset them last year in the district tournement. It was Powells night, they where the better team that game. OR better learn from this, because if they don't it will be a long night for them Saturday against Science Hill.

Powell really played great the other night. I was proud of them. It could have been a little closer at the end especially if OR had hit their FTs, but OR could also have gotten blown out.

Powell is a good team without any real stars. They are a tough match-up because they have three or four kids who can really handle the ball well. That makes them hard to press and also hard to defend in the half court because they are really solid fundamentally and patient.

Looking forward to the Powell/Halls game on January 4.

Carolina, you asked me awhile back to give my two cents on Powell before the season began. To be honest, I didn't know what to make of this team because I really didn't see a go-to guy on the roster. I figured they would be in the top half of the district, but beyond that, I really didn't know. The Panthers are very well coached, and they are well-rounded with a number of key contributors, which makes them tough to defend. Long way to go, but I still think that Powell, OR, Halls, and Karns are all pretty good ball clubs, and they are all pretty even right now. Just look at Karns - 3 losses (Powell, Halls, OR) by a combined 5 points.

It'll be interesting to see how these 4 teams perform after Christmas.