District 3AAA

DyronNix

Top seeds all held serve. It'll be interesting to see how this next round plays out. OR got the best of Maryville while Powell thumped Bearden just before district tourneys. Now OR gets a shot at Bearden, while Powell gets Maryville. Two very intriguing matchups.

For some reason Bearden scares me. Maybe because of there recent success. Good luck to yall, osunut2.

I've watched Catholic play all four teams this year. Powell and Maryville shoot the ball very well, Maryville can cause match-up problems with their size. Maryville also plays as a team (I'm not saying that Powell doesn't) but the kids at Maryville could care less whose scoring and getting shots. They just want to win. If Bearden can slow the pace and control the tempo, they can beat Oak Ridge, if it's a track meet, Oak Ridge wins going away.

I've watched Catholic play all four teams this year. Powell and Maryville shoot the ball very well, Maryville can cause match-up problems with their size. Maryville also plays as a team (I'm not saying that Powell doesn't) but the kids at Maryville could care less whose scoring and getting shots. They just want to win. If Bearden can slow the pace and control the tempo, they can beat Oak Ridge, if it's a track meet, Oak Ridge wins going away.

Maryville's size didn't impress me too much.

Maryville's size doesnt have to impress, its effective. Since their bigs can shoot, it pulls your post out. If a team puts a guard or a wing on the post, they go inside. Maryville is not as athletic as Powell or Oak Ridge, but Eldridge's kids play hard, they are very unselfish and they have a good baksetball IQ. As far as Bearden, the 3 times I saw them play they a 2-3 match-up zone. I was told they were playing more man-to-man. I couldn't tell you what they ran against Halls. I would think they played a man. Stetson Moore against a 2-3 zone would be a coaches nightmare.

Maryville's size doesnt have to impress, its effective. Since their bigs can shoot, it pulls your post out. If a team puts a guard or a wing on the post, they go inside. Maryville is not as athletic as Powell or Oak Ridge, but Eldridge's kids play hard, they are very unselfish and they have a good baksetball IQ. As far as Bearden, the 3 times I saw them play they a 2-3 match-up zone. I was told they were playing more man-to-man. I couldn't tell you what they ran against Halls. I would think they played a man. Stetson Moore against a 2-3 zone would be a coaches nightmare.

Well, they must not have had a good shooting game against us..They scored 44 points..Dont get me wrong, they are good. I see Powell beating them, though. I may be wrong, we will see.

Like QSouth, I've seen Maryville several times. If they scored 44, it was a bad shooting night. Catholic had a great opportunity to beat them the first time we played but the second time they were all raining threes. Just depends on the night. They beat West at least twice last year and West was more athletic than OR but not as well coached.

Well, they must not have had a good shooting game against us..They scored 44 points..Dont get me wrong, they are good. I see Powell beating them, though. I may be wrong, we will see.