8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

I predict LA taking title game by 15+ & upperman over Cannon by 10+. I was impressed with Cannon's resilience but they just dont have the guns. I dont see how Dekalb beat LA! Seems LA is just on a different level. But that may be due to their experince & history. Seems like their boys & girls team can take it to a different level in tourney. Without Howell, Dekalb cant handle LA's pressure. I do beleive Cannon can handle Bledsoe to complete the 8AA SWEEP!

You said how DC beat LA in your own post. Howell was not out. We are on another level when he is playing, but still think we have what it takes to make it pretty far even if we lose to LA. But I will say this. Howell out or not, DC has beaten LA both times this season so who knows anything can happen. Howell was the leading scorer, but for all we know foul trouble or anything plays major roles. Especially if we have to feed it down low more and Ramsey gets fouls. Upperman is a solid team and though we lost the last game to them without Howell we also beat them without him not long before that. It all depends on who comes to play that night and what happens.

You said how DC beat LA in your own post. Howell was not out. We are on another level when he is playing, but still think we have what it takes to make it pretty far even if we lose to LA. But I will say this. Howell out or not, DC has beaten LA both times this season so who knows anything can happen. Howell was the leading scorer, but for all we know foul trouble or anything plays major roles. Especially if we have to feed it down low more and Ramsey gets fouls. Upperman is a solid team and though we lost the last game to them without Howell we also beat them without him not long before that. It all depends on who comes to play that night and what happens.

If the refs let all the boys play like they allowed atnip & sonni play tonight, fouls wont be a problem. Ive never seen so much standing & reaching when a player goes by, without fouls being called. If Ramsey is allowed to play the way they did, then the only feeding that Atnip will recieve is the ball back down his throat when he shoots!

I say there were about as many missed over the back calls against Cannon as there were reach in missed against DC.

Sure didn't look like the refs' fault when Atnip got called for his fourth foul with about four minutes left and yet instead of attacking him, Cannon kept settling for threes and mid range jumpers. Glad we got a clarification that the refs caused that.

But what do we know. Looks like DC has been handed 28 games by the referees this year. Sure wish it could've been 32!

I'll go out on a limb and say DC by 5 Tuesday! But believe me, regardless of seeding/records, DC faithful know we're essentially an underdog.

Ive heard the same rumour as well. I also heard he's been playing all week in practice, but it could all be speculation, who knows? He could be ready, and help a lot, or he wont be and it will definitely show.

Frankly, people know what DC's up against in this championship game and any help would be welcome. As long as he doesnt overdo it i think he would be a big help.