Best Facility

POLKcoPRIDE

Best can mean many things. Best crowd, best actual facility, or some may take it as best team. I offer you J Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport. DB (Dobyns Bennett) plays there. It is a very old stadium with the old style tunnels within, not just a metal bleacher. It is not the newest, but DB does draw the largest attendance on average every year. The best games bring 14,000. The band plays a part in the atmosphere as they are larger then UT's band with about 400 members. A great place to watch a game and getting ready for an expansion. J Fred Easily brings the most people out, seen all the major stadiums, been to all the big games across the state. Although not the most modern, when you have that many people it is always fun.

• Upvote 1

Rhea County has an great stadium since all of the upgrades. New field turf, new track, nice pressbox among other things

Other schools in chatt that I like Baylor stadium and just the campus in general. McMinn has a good stadium and Sequatchie Co in the valley.

Now outside Chattanooga

Greeneville

DB

Bearden

Giles Co

To name a few

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

Best can mean many things. Best crowd, best actual facility, or some may take it as best team. I offer you J Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport. DB (Dobyns Bennett) plays there. It is a very old stadium with the old style tunnels within, not just a metal bleacher. It is not the newest, but DB does draw the largest attendance on average every year. The best games bring 14,000. The band plays a part in the atmosphere as they are larger then UT's band with about 400 members. A great place to watch a game and getting ready for an expansion. J Fred Easily brings the most people out, seen all the major stadiums, been to all the big games across the state. Although not the most modern, when you have that many people it is always fun.

There are a lot of good things to say about J-Fred but until they do something about the ridiculous visitor side seating I have a hard time ranking them at the top. Having a dual purpose stadium (baseball and football) always means you can't have the best of both. Great place to see a game from the home side though. I hope that the stadium renovation plans (which do involve a lot of metal on the home side) are well done. They might see season ticket sales go down because adding 1200 seats to the home side will probably mean that you don't have to have season tickets to be assured a seat on the home side. I think that there were less than 100 seats on the home side that were not sold as season tickets this year.

There are a lot of good things to say about J-Fred but until they do something about the ridiculous visitor side seating I have a hard time ranking them at the top. Having a dual purpose stadium (baseball and football) always means you can't have the best of both. Great place to see a game from the home side though. I hope that the stadium renovation plans (which do involve a lot of metal on the home side) are well done. They might see season ticket sales go down because adding 1200 seats to the home side will probably mean that you don't have to have season tickets to be assured a seat on the home side. I think that there were less than 100 seats on the home side that were not sold as season tickets this year.

I agree as to part and disagree with some. Why can't you have the best of both with a baseball field and football field. They only overlap the endzone and it is all field turf anyways. Seasons don't run into each other anyways. So that is a non argument. As to J Fred's visitor side, it could use some updating, but so could alot of high school stadiums and those changes are coming. Regardless, they are doing something right because DB gets the biggest crowds in the state.

I think D-B draws well because: Big town, big school, big crowd.

Not that big of a town, they draw well because there isn't anything better to do in Kingsport ;)....Just messing with you guys....a little bored in the offseason.

DB is a great place for a game. The DB v. SH game this past season was the best football atmosphere I've been a part of...even though the streak unmercifully continues. But the absence of a true visitor's seating area and playing on a baseball field are detrimental to the aurora of J Fred. Being a baseball purist, I consider it somewhat blasphemous to have yard lines in left and center field.

As far as stadiums go (keep in mind my NE TN perspective), TN High's Stone Castle definitely has the history, if you can get past the fact it was built with FDR new deal money. But bring a stadium seat with you, 'cause darn, the concrete is a pain to sit on. The years of erosion and wear has taken its toll, not a level bleacher level one in the stadium.

Science Hill's stadium still has that brand spankin' new feel to it. Great venue for several sports and of course the mini-jumbotron. The PA guys stinks, though. The fact that is multipurpose takes away from its quality as a football stadium. The track between the field and the stadium can make game action feel distant at times, but as a SH alum, I love the place.

Morristown also has a top flight facility, think SH without the track.