Region 7A tournament

chipper_jones_4mvp

I dont think that Jackson Co is a slouch.Its this one particular poster in west Tennessee that thinks that UC cant compete on the state level.UC,Jackson Co,Clarkrange,or any other team can make it has a shot at winning it.First,we have to all get there.

I don't think that certain poster believes that.

He's having a hard time admitting his team has been eclipsed by UC.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me repeat my previous posts for Chipper.and 14A

Congratulations to Union City, you are playing well and everyone has stepped up their game. I never thought you would be this good without Amber. We are proud of our Greenfield teams, its been fun to watch you this year.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

I didnt get to make as many games this year as normal but like you said I kinda knew the outcome of the game Saturday before it started. I always hope for the better but I saw two of the

Union City/Greenfield games and we were out of our league. Union City has a good team and is the cream of west Tennessee. Union City is one of the top 4 teams in the state.

I know from previous years what 7A district has and they beat Union City last year by 10 and you didnt play the best 7A team last year. To win the state you will have to beat Clark Range and Jackson County because they both should be there and that is going to be tough. Good luck.

Let me repeat my previous posts for Chipper.and 14A

GF...I am right proud of you...seems there is some good in everyone....I truly enjoyed watching the GF boys this year and thought they peaked a bit early...Also, Kesterson may be my favorite player in the district...hope we can compete with GF on th diamond this year

I didnt get to make as many games this year as normal but like you said I kinda knew the outcome of the game Saturday before it started. I always hope for the better but I saw two of the

Union City/Greenfield games and we were out of our league. Union City has a good team and is the cream of west Tennessee. Union City is one of the top 4 teams in the state.

I know from previous years what 7A district has and they beat Union City last year by 10 and you didnt play the best 7A team last year. To win the state you will have to beat Clark Range and Jackson County because they both should be there and that is going to be tough. Good luck.

The one common denominator with JC and CRange is great coaching. 14 state championships between them enough said! They will out coach most every coach they face, they are that good and their teams are very very good! so having said that it's not an impossible task but highly unlikely that a team can beat both of these teams in a span of 3 days. You won't beat them doung what you do best they will take that away and you will have to adjust.

If both teams win tonight then they will be there for sure. There is no one in the Chattanooga region that can give either one of these teams a game. The only thing the region championship will be for is who travels and who stays at home.

Edited by devilfanatic

Good game in UC tonight. Lady Falcons kept it close but FT'S made it 54-42 I believe. Thought Coach Johnson had a great gameplan. We missed a lot of easy shots and were terrible from the line. I believe both teams will make it to the boro if they continue to play this hard. Congratulations to both teams.

I think you are right. Union City Lake. Co. Jackson Co. Clarkrange. 4 of the 8 spots at state close to a lock.

Better not count 15A out just yet.The top four teams were so closely matched that they are battle tested more than ever this year,and though I don't think any 15A team is as good overall as in the past four or five seasons,the two left standing aren't cupcakes.Middleton has the tools to beat anyone...#1 is cat quick and dangerous anytime you leave her room to shoot, #5 isn't a threat off the dribble but don't forget where she's at if she can set her feet with time to get a shot off.Then there's #42 to deal with,she's tall and athletic,has a great touch on her shot,and can take a doubleteam off the dribble or in the post.Good news is they're freshmen and soph's and can be rattled,but not easily...better get 'em this year while they're beatable.Madison has some size in the post with three tall girls who can all play...they're all good,not great.The Washington kid is solid at guard,but the fuel that runs the engine for Madison is #11...don't leave her room to shoot inside the 26-27 foot range,and she doesn't need much to get one off.In addition to the shot she's the best pure point guard in the district,the best way to defend her is to keep the ball out of her hands as much as possible.With at least two big's in the post she will get the ball to one of them in good position to score if she has breathing room at all.If the ball goes down low,don't crash the boards with the guards either,if a layup's not there and one of the guards is open it'll come back out for the shot.Good luck to all four left...time to bring one west!

Edited by tradertwo