Who ya got? 13 AA again. Dyersburg/Cov., Obion/Westview

pioneer42

Going to be be two wars like last week. Last weeks game Dyersburg and Covington went into OT and Covington pulled it out. Dyersburg had numerous chances. Obion was up 11 at half against Westview and lost by 5. Their defense decided they were going to take it easy and Vincent went off. I will take Westview and Covington. I feel Westview can contain Goodwin enough with their heighth and they can shoot the three better. Also I think Westview has the better coach. I feel Dyersburg matchs up well, but I feel Covington has the better coach and play a little more poised than Dyersburg. Dyersburg goes through too many possesions where they are out of control.

Games like these just come down to who makes the shots and who doesn't. Covington and Westview are both the better teams in my opinion, however, I was also the same person that said Bolivar would be playing Westview tonight. With that being said I think Covington and Westview will win, but the games still have to be played. Should be 2 great games tonight. I'm going to Creek Wood tonight, so keep me posted on here with some scores if possible.

Games like these just come down to who makes the shots and who doesn't. Covington and Westview are both the better teams in my opinion, however, I was also the same person that said Bolivar would be playing Westview tonight. With that being said I think Covington and Westview will win, but the games still have to be played. Should be 2 great games tonight. I'm going to Creek Wood tonight, so keep me posted on here with some scores if possible.

Don't forget the shoebox full of cash! ;)

Don't forget the shoebox full of cash! ;)

Got to make a stop in Martin and get it from KM, lol... I definitely don't have an extra shoebox full of cash lol. This will be my first time to see Bell play in person as I've only seen her on film. Not the only reason I'm going up there, but will still be fun to watch her play.

Edited by GCPioneer

Just got backs from Dyersburg and got money's worth. Dyersburg had an 8 point lead with 5 minutes left and found a way to lose. Obion and Westview was the best game I have seen this year. Obion was without Shannon Wiggins who looked like she had a knee injury. But Obion played their hearts out and almost pulled it off. Obion was down three in regulation with 10 seconds left and had the ball. Westview fouled Paige Hicks with 6 seconds left. She made the first and intentionally missed the second Obion got the rebound and threw up a prayer and Goodwin ran down the loose ball and a very questionable foul was called right at the buzzer and Goodwin hit both free throws to put in OT. Westview then griitted it out in OT. Reechus fouled out on another terrible call with 5 minutes left in regulation. She went up twice for a layup and was knocked to the floor and she was called for the foul. There was a young guy that was terrible in both games that never be allowed in a gym again, Terrible officiating, but Westview overcame it and seem to get off to a slow start every game, but finishes strong. But 13 AA had two great games. Sad to see Dyersburg or Obion lose. Really played hard. Congrats to all teams. Wonderful showing.

Great games by all teams tonight! Westview and Obion Co both executed their game plans well by limiting Goodman and Vincent's touches. Kendall Leyhue and Harrelson were huge for Westview last night. I don't think either of them has led Westview in scoring all year but both stepped up and made shots because Obion chose not to guard them. Pioneer42, I agree with what you said about the foul called at the end of regulation to send Goodman to the line and the foul that made Rechis foul out. That officiating crew was pretty bad. They called and didn't call several fouls last night that seemed obvious to everyone in the gym except for them. I hope they are not back Wednesday night. The Westview vs Covington game should be a great one Wednesday night. It will all come down to who can rebound the ball. The winner of the rebound battle will be the winner of the game...I'm gonna go with Westview in a close one by 2.

Great games by all teams tonight! Westview and Obion Co both executed their game plans well by limiting Goodman and Vincent's touches. Kendall Leyhue and Harrelson were huge for Westview last night. I don't think either of them has led Westview in scoring all year but both stepped up and made shots because Obion chose not to guard them. Pioneer42, I agree with what you said about the foul called at the end of regulation to send Goodman to the line and the foul that made Rechis foul out. That officiating crew was pretty bad. They called and didn't call several fouls last night that seemed obvious to everyone in the gym except for them. I hope they are not back Wednesday night. The Westview vs Covington game should be a great one Wednesday night. It will all come down to who can rebound the ball. The winner of the rebound battle will be the winner of the game...I'm gonna go with Westview in a close one by 2.

I think Westview will beat Covington in a close one as well. I think Westview is a better team for the Boro than Covington. They rebound well, have few turnovers, play inside and out, tall and athletic and coaches make good in game adjustments. They have been battle tested and have recent Boro experience. I really like their chances. They have beat the State Runner Up twice in 2 weeks. They won't be intimidated.