McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

Is a referee supposed to have independent eyes like a chameleon where he can focus one on the girl's hands and the other on the clock?

Thats an intelligent question. But from where the play originated from and where it ended up yes the trailing ref should have seen both. And surely out of three referees on an uncontested shot the right call should have been made. But as I said I take nothing away from CC. They played a great game. Any more questions?

Thats an intelligent question. But from where the play originated from and where it ended up yes the trailing ref should have seen both. And surely out of three referees on an uncontested shot the right call should have been made. But as I said I take nothing away from CC. They played a great game. Any more questions?

So you think the trailing official should be a chameleon? How else can he focus on a girl's fingertips at 5 feet high in front of him and also on a scoreboard mounted on a wall 25 feet high? Contested or uncontested, you can't watch both and be perfect to a tenth of a second. At least two out of the three reafs called it good in their best judgement.

So you think the trailing official should be a chameleon? How else can he focus on a girl's fingertips at 5 feet high in front of him and also on a scoreboard mounted on a wall 25 feet high? Contested or uncontested, you can't watch both and be perfect to a tenth of a second. At least two out of the three reafs called it good in their best judgement.

The trailing official is taught to position himself where he is able to see the shooter and the clock. It's the same principle as an umpire being taught to position themselves where they can see an outfielder make a catch on a fly ball and the runner tagging up. It's been done like this for years by ordinary people. But I'll have to admit I've never seen a chameleon make a call before.

Does it say anything about McMinn Central missing 14 foul shots? That tells me everything I need to know. No video break down necessary no shoulda coulda woulda or breaking down each millisecond of the clock. That is where this game was lost. End of discussion.

What it tells me is that Central was good enough to miss 14 foul shots and STILL win. Also tells me the Chattanooga News Stations agree. Only thing that stood between the Chargerettes and the win was one botched call. There is no changing the call. We don't like it but have to accept it.

And to quote the response of one of our favorite Chargerettes "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28"

Good luck to the Cannon County Girls in the 'Boro.

The trailing official is taught to position himself where he is able to see the shooter and the clock. It's the same principle as an umpire being taught to position themselves where they can see an outfielder make a catch on a fly ball and the runner tagging up. It's been done like this for years by ordinary people. But I'll have to admit I've never seen a chameleon make a call before.

To do it the way you're describing the ref would have had to lay on the floor and have the shooter's fingertips in the line of sight with the scoreboard......about where a chameleon would be. Obviously that won't happen because it can't happen, so the refs did the best they could with what they saw in real time. It's just too hard for you all to accept that? TWO refs said the shot was good, and apparently the third one conceded to their call without discussion.

Oh yeah, I noticed the blame the ref disease has carried over to the boy's coach. :rolleyes:

Edited by Carbo

To do it the way you're describing the ref would have had to lay on the floor and have the shooter's fingertips in the line of sight with the scoreboard......about where a chameleon would be. Obviously that won't happen because it can't happen, so the refs did the best they could with what they saw in real time. It's just too hard for you all to accept that? TWO refs said the shot was good, and apparently the third one conceded to their call without discussion.

Oh yeah, I noticed the blame the ref disease has carried over to the boy's coach. :rolleyes:

First off, I gave CC credit for playing a great game and also said It was Centrals fault for not doing the things they needed to do. Obviously you are a CC fan who knows nothing about a referees job. Why do you think there is a scoreboard above each tunnel in every arena in the country. It's not only for the fans but the refs as well. What is your perspective. Do you think the trailing referee is going to be a foot from the shooter. If that's the case it's know wonder you couldn't see both. But step back from the play at the proper angle and wow, it's possible to see both. I cant believe it! Not sure about the boys coach. I do know this. LA-37 free throws. MC-20 free throws. Like I said. MC has no one to blame but themselves for being in that situation. But a good referee can do two things at once. Is it just to hard for you to accept that!

First off, I gave CC credit for playing a great game and also said It was Centrals fault for not doing the things they needed to do. Obviously you are a CC fan who knows nothing about a referees job. Why do you think there is a scoreboard above each tunnel in every arena in the country. It's not only for the fans but the refs as well. What is your perspective. Do you think the trailing referee is going to be a foot from the shooter. If that's the case it's know wonder you couldn't see both. But step back from the play at the proper angle and wow, it's possible to see both. I cant believe it! Not sure about the boys coach. I do know this. LA-37 free throws. MC-20 free throws. Like I said. MC has no one to blame but themselves for being in that situation. But a good referee can do two things at once. Is it just to hard for you to accept that!

It's "no" wonder, not know wonder.

I don't have a problem accepting that the refs did the best they could, even the trailing one trying to look at both the shooter and the clock. Where you and others have a problem is in not understanding how they could have missed a shot that was launched a tenth of a second after the clock hit 0:0. Some of you said the refs blew it, or missed something so obvious. I say it was obvious to you because you've had time to look at the video frame-by-frame from the comforts of your home. Did the refs have any of those luxuries? Yet many of you are still blaming them? Unreal! These same refs that you all complain about are the same ones who put Central in the bonus and double bonus and gave Central twice the amount of freethrows than Cannon got, so there goes the conspircacy theory.

I'm not from CC, but what does that have to do someone not knowing a referee's job? Are you trying to say that only a Central fans know what a ref's job is? I think that's part of the problem with Central fans, they think they know it all. I must better than you knowing their job since you think the refs should have been able to determine the shot was a tenth of a second late.

The boy's game: Has it occurred to you Central folks that the Chargers were behind by double digits in the 4th period and were intentionally fouling the last few minutes, which added a lot to their foul count? Looks like coach Armstrong hasn't figured that out either.

Must be something in the Etowah water that causes blame to go to others. Laughable, yet sad.

It's "no" wonder, not know wonder.

I don't have a problem accepting that the refs did the best they could, even the trailing one trying to look at both the shooter and the clock. Where you and others have a problem is in not understanding how they could have missed a shot that was launched a tenth of a second after the clock hit 0:0. Some of you said the refs blew it, or missed something so obvious. I say it was obvious to you because you've had time to look at the video frame-by-frame from the comforts of your home. Did the refs have any of those luxuries? Yet many of you are still blaming them? Unreal! These same refs that you all complain about are the same ones who put Central in the bonus and double bonus and gave Central twice the amount of freethrows than Cannon got, so there goes the conspircacy theory.

I'm not from CC, but what does that have to do someone not knowing a referee's job? Are you trying to say that only a Central fans know what a ref's job is? I think that's part of the problem with Central fans, they think they know it all. I must better than you knowing their job since you think the refs should have been able to determine the shot was a tenth of a second late.

The boy's game: Has it occurred to you Central folks that the Chargers were behind by double digits in the 4th period and were intentionally fouling the last few minutes, which added a lot to their foul count? Looks like coach Armstrong hasn't figured that out either.

Must be something in the Etowah water that causes blame to go to others. Laughable, yet sad.

Oooh! Now Carbo is a spell checker 2. Know, oops, I mean no, I believe you think you know it all. Obviously you do not or you would never have used a word like chameleon in a basketball thread. Actually, your extremely laughable. I haven't made excuses for Centrals play. I said there was a bad call made. And there was. We can go on and on. Not a problem for me. I may just take this time and spell check all your previous posts for a mis-spelling. You obviously have way too much time on your hands. Oops, did I use the word too wrong. Please Carbo, let me know. I will be waiting in suspense.

What it tells me is that Central was good enough to miss 14 foul shots and STILL win. Also tells me the Chattanooga News Stations agree. Only thing that stood between the Chargerettes and the win was one botched call. There is no changing the call. We don't like it but have to accept it.

And to quote the response of one of our favorite Chargerettes "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28"

Good luck to the Cannon County Girls in the 'Boro.

Negative the team that won the game is playing in the 'Boro and thats Cannon County. You MC people are starting to remind me of some of the Clarkrange fans who whine and cry every time they lose a game. Bottom line is you got beat at your place by a better team. Now get over it and move on. :popcorneater:

Does it say anything about McMinn Central missing 14 foul shots? That tells me everything I need to know. No video break down necessary no shoulda coulda woulda or breaking down each millisecond of the clock. That is where this game was lost. End of discussion.

The replay (WRCB TV) clearly shows that her right elbow was still cocked at a 90 degree angle when the clock hit zero...she had not even extended her arms so as to shoot...THAT'S A FACT JACK! ...refs blew it

The replay (WRCB TV) clearly shows that her right elbow was still cocked at a 90 degree angle when the clock hit zero...she had not even extended her arms so as to shoot...THAT'S A FACT JACK! ...refs blew it

What is CLEAR is if you make your free throws it doesn't matter.

FACT!!!!!

Edited by devilfanatic