24th NHSCA Nationals - TN Well Represented

coachknepper

Any updates?

TJ Satterfield lost by fall to Florida to take 8th

Scottie Boykin beat Kacee Hutchenson NC 5-3 ot for 7th (he also beat him 5-1 in round 1)

Mark Marchetti dec Colt Cotton PA 3-1 OT for 1st place

I dont think TNs had a Sr national champ since Leen am i wrong?

Where are they going to school next year? If i was a betting man id put money on Mark at West Point but the others?

In one single year has Tennessee ever had more AA's?

Sounds like good things are going on here! I'm not even sure we had ALL our best compete with K. Baker, I Oliver, T Robinson, Mr Amos Mason, and another boy or two from the 2014 finals of region 7, and maybe more...

Edited by Sommers

Charles McTory: John Overton, National Champion, Nebraska

Jordan Leen: Baylor, National Champion, Cornell, NCAA National Champion

Mark Marchetti: Father Ryan, National Champion, United States Military Academy

Phillip Simpson: Montgomery Bell Academy, Runner-up, USMA, NCAA Runner-up, 3XAA

Cole Moseley: Father Ryan, Runner-up, American University

Simpson and the purple irish now have had a champion & runner-up the past two seasons.

Have any other wrestlers from Tennessee made the finals?

Edited by cbg

Congrats to the guys that placed in this tournament. Big win for Marchetti over PA State Runner-up- Colt Cotton.

I don't think TN as a state has gotten any worse, but it's too bad that we can't compare results of current TN guys to the early 90s or early 2000s. With 3 major national tournaments(FLO,USA,NHSCA) on the same weekend it makes it hard to gauge our states comparative success to previous years.

The only true national tourney these days is the NCAA finals. With the state of TN only producing 1 NCAA qualifier I hope guys like Hooker, Moseley, Watson, Baker, and Marchetti can put TN back on the map.

Congratulations to Mark Marchetti for winning the 138 lb weight class at the NHSCA tournament this past weekened. He becomes the 3rd Tennessean to win the Senior division I believe. Colt Cotten is ranked 16th in the country by WIN Magazine. Mark Marchetti wrestled at Father Ryan as does Ben Stacey who placed 4th in the Freshmen division.

Great job by all Tennessee wrestlers who competed and who placed in the AA round.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Hey guys... Imagine how well TN would do in natl. dual competition right now, esp if we took the top d1 & d2 wrestlers, including a few Bro's, a healthy Mr. Brunner & iron man Connell.

This particular dual tournament would be a good one to attend with TN's best. It starts in a couple of days so it would be too late this year. Maybe our state can put together a team for this in the future.

http://www.themat.co...ualsPackets.pdf

Edited by deadlift