New football coach at JCM is ...............

ReitzFan

JCM made the worse hire that anyone could possibly make. WHY? well JCM is moving into a district where you have 3 state-semi teams and 1 of them went to Cookville (Liberty, North Side, and Covington are the 3 teams). Hiring a coach that is a position coach is bad, what made it worse is his resume. If Edwards stayed at JCM, IMO i would've put JCM in the hunt for the district title, now? no, not even close. 3 wins in 3 seasons??? JCM football was building momentum into the fall, now, the lost all that momentum. Bad hire.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to the new coach but I'm shocked and puzzled.. Sometimes if a guy has a really good playing background ( NFL) then not being a coordinator usually gets a pass. But for a guy who was apart of 3 wins in 3 years as a position coach with no coordinator experience to me leaves the hiring process with way more questions then answers. Surely their were better candidates out there..

No doubt good coaching goes along way.... so obviously bad coaching can have an effect as well. However, I've never seen a coach make a tackle, throw a pass, make a block or score in a game. The players need to work hard.... give 110%.... and take this season by the short and curlys and run with it. Yes, this probably was a bad hire. But if these kids get down on themselves because of the hire.... the season will be over before it even starts. The season will be what the players make of it!!!

No doubt good coaching goes along way.... so obviously bad coaching can have an effect as well. However, I've never seen a coach make a tackle, throw a pass, make a block or score in a game. The players need to work hard.... give 110%.... and take this season by the short and curlys and run with it. Yes, this probably was a bad hire. But if these kids get down on themselves because of the hire.... the season will be over before it even starts. The season will be what the players make of it!!!

Well said. Players need not worry about things that are out of their control. If they focus on what they CAN control, that could be the difference between a 3 or 4 win season and a 6 or 7 win season. That's much easier said than done, especially when dealing with 15-18 year old kids, but there seemed to be some positive momentum starting at JCM, and hopefully the players can build on that. I hear they have some good talent.

Well said. Players need not worry about things that are out of their control. If they focus on what they CAN control, that could be the difference between a 3 or 4 win season and a 6 or 7 win season. That's much easier said than done, especially when dealing with 15-18 year old kids, but there seemed to be some positive momentum starting at JCM, and hopefully the players can build on that. I hear they have some good talent.

I wonder who will say all those things to the players. Being 14-18 years old they probably will not figure that out for themselves, so someone will need to relay that info. My guess is the new coach won't be telling them he was a bad hire and that they need to salvage the season for themselves. Congrats to the coach for getting a chance where most coaches don't and good luck to him in overcoming the mountain of negativity surrounding the program.

I wonder who will say all those things to the players. Being 14-18 years old they probably will not figure that out for themselves, so someone will need to relay that info. My guess is the new coach won't be telling them he was a bad hire and that they need to salvage the season for themselves. Congrats to the coach for getting a chance where most coaches don't and good luck to him in overcoming the mountain of negativity surrounding the program.

Many people will say that to the players. Getting them to believe it is the hard part. Of course the coach isn't going to come out and say he was a bad hire, but that doesn't mean it isn't already in the back of at least several of these kids' minds, and only the coaching staff can change that perception.

I wish him the best of luck.

So why did Principal Jones withdrawl the offer to the North Side offensive Coordiator who had already accepted the position and resigned is spot at North Side? The coordinator from North Side was much more qualified to lead JCM than a three year assistant with a record of 3-27 which he ended up with.