CPA's Jalen Lindsey leaving CPA

Ticket

I know it was before his in-process mission trip to Uganda working with orphanages though.

DAD you act like only CPA has great kids and great programs that work with mission trips, etc. We have the same type of kids here in Rutherford County. Many of them are going on mission trips and working at orphanages, etc. We just can't come over to CPA's zone and encourage these great kids to transfer here to play sports. You know that CPA and Coach Maddux do this! Do not deny it by hiding behind how great the church and the mission work is. This is why this CPA topics get so overwhelmed with pages. It is an uneven playing field/court that the school's coaches use. Just go to Div II and you would see that most of this would go away. Ensworth tells the truth when they drive their busses over here. We just want CPA to do the same.

I had the opportunity to watch CPA at the MTSU team camp a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to admit that I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, they are a pretty good team with 3 really good players, but IMO the are really, REALLY gonna miss Jalen. I'll go out on a limb and say that they will NOT be a State champion again next year. At best, they have 3 NCAA Div. II players.

DAD you act like only CPA has great kids and great programs that work with mission trips, etc. We have the same type of kids here in Rutherford County. Many of them are going on mission trips and working at orphanages, etc. We just can't come over to CPA's zone and encourage these great kids to transfer here to play sports. You know that CPA and Coach Maddux do this! Do not deny it by hiding behind how great the church and the mission work is. This is why this CPA topics get so overwhelmed with pages. It is an uneven playing field/court that the school's coaches use. Just go to Div II and you would see that most of this would go away. Ensworth tells the truth when they drive their busses over here. We just want CPA to do the same.

Wrong Coach F...just responding to Hater. No one in Middle Tn has greater respect for Rutherford County athletes and programs than I do. When the Williamson County school I was associated with was struggling to become relevant your programs was what we used as a pattern to emulate. I don't have an axe to grind but I refuse to allow those that do free reign.

BTW Coach F...please explain re: what part of my statement even remotely insinuated "you act like" and while you're at it show me where I have ever even mentioned churh work or mission of CPA. I'm not involved with the politics of that situation only supporting the rights of people to take the rules given them and make to most of their opportunities. My kids were on the hard side of many butt kickings from your Rutherford County kids because you had better athletes and programs than we had. We didn't cry and whine and blame you.....we worked hard to get good coaches and improve facilities to try and catch up.

I had the opportunity to watch CPA at the MTSU team camp a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to admit that I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, they are a pretty good team with 3 really good players, but IMO the are really, REALLY gonna miss Jalen. I'll go out on a limb and say that they will NOT be a State champion again next year. At best, they have 3 NCAA Div. II players.

Cleggy, you are normally a pretty reasonable poster with good insight, but, barring injuries or loss of another key player, CPA will win its 3rd in a row. I remember last summer there were several posters who said CPA would not be able to repeat due to the loss of Bradshaw and Wharton, but look what happened. And if you think Blackwell is Div. II, you lose all credibility here. CPA has 4 returning starters (with 6 rings) and a backup center who would start for any other team in the state. Not to mention that they will be senior dominated. Remember your prediction come March and be prepared for some crow stew.

Settle down Drew. I've seen CPA play multiple times. There are a lot better point guards in Nashville and Memphis than Mr. Bonds. When you are playing with 2 top 30 players for their class and a great shooter in Allsmiller the last 2 seasons, you are going to look the part.

Corn Elder or Braxton Bonds?

Having watched both players on multiple occasions - my choice is Corn Elder. The debate over Braxton Bonds playing at the next will be settled soon enough along with the question of whether CPA repeats. Simply choosing between the two and what they contribute - one vote from me for Mr. Elder.

Having watched both players on multiple occasions - my choice is Corn Elder. The debate over Braxton Bonds playing at the next will be settled soon enough along with the question of whether CPA repeats. Simply choosing between the two and what they contribute - one vote from me for Mr. Elder.

No doubt Elder is better, IMO, but Bonds is still the QB of CPA's team, and he plays his role well. Elder is a better player, but I may not be willing to admit that CPA would be better with him versus Bonds. People don't realize CPA's game all starts with defense and Bonds leads the way.

• 2 weeks later...

"unforeseen circumstances", afraid to compete without Jalen?, Whoever covers their travel expenses has run out of funds? Lack of support for a "national basketball team" at CPA? hmmm...wonder why they pulled out...

Maybe they decided it was the best thing to do, but I am surprised they didn't clear it with "rulefollower" before they made the decision. They certainly wouldn't want to do anything to be criticized on CoachT.