South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

who takes the blame for hiring a guy that was gone before he started. I know for a fact in the final 7 they had several state championship coaches who would have killed to be the next head coach at south pitt, the man gave his word and should have stayed. like any program south pitt is not perfect, they do need some work done on their weight room but any coach that takes over a program will have things to change and improve, it is part of the job. You should go in with your eyes wide open and a pair of work gloves on ready to work. good luck to coach ross and south pittsburg, i hope they do not make another mistake with a quick, non thought through hire just to get it done...there is still time for spring practice, normally in these type of situations the administration is embarassed and a quick hire from within is the next step, poloarizing the thought process that the hire should have been local all along because no one else can care unless they are from there...which is rarely right, just the most expident

He had his worked out with Calhoun. As far as housing, he would be right close to home. Maybe Kimball in Grider's neighorhood. There are some ticked off folks right now in SP who fully support Rick. That's a fact. So OP go ahead and post again so you get the last word in but you can't resign from something you dont have. I think some clarification will be round the corner.

I personally don't know who is to blame. I know who I'm leaning tward but there is enough to go around but I know he left those 45 kids hanging in the wind. He had been calling and texting some of them. We are going to do this we are going to do that. How about Im taking my ball and going home cause you're not worth it. That would have been more accurate. Vic and Griffith have some blame too but he's is responsible for his own actions.

maybe this ross man found out what a great basketball power sp really is and just didn't want to compete with it for players...you think i am kidding but i am not... :popcorneater:

Sam Brooks never had a problem putting a good basketball team on the court during the Phil Beene and Don Grider eras. In fact, he often had some top players that didn't play football and some that did. As a matter of fact, when brooks was coach, you could bet the backs, ends and receivers were in shape and could run people into the floor on the court. The programs don't have to compete just because it is a 1a school.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point South Pitt is going to have to hire from within or convince Grider to return. They've no other alternatives. I suppose they could offer the job to Barger who was at Sequatchie County. That's the best outside option at this point because nobody worth a nickel is taking a job this late into second semester. It's a month from spring practice. Any off-season workout programs would be useless to put into effect at this stage. Also, it's a proven fact that the school will not go out of its way to make a position available for anyone coming in to coach football. The Pirates will be lucky to land anyone worth anything now and they'll be even luckier to win 5-6 games this year.

Mayble the "all-knowing Roy" can call Gary Rankin again to come and coach the Pirates. Rankin knows that the ship has sprung a leak that's why he won't call..........so again HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!