9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Understand Carter did not play after the 1st series, how big an effect did that have on the game? I've said a couple of times that WC was the most physical D that HVille has played this year. We were very fortunate to win that game.

Correct. Our starting RB - Carter - went down with a shoulder injury after the first series. Beating a team without their starter and now their backup RB who's now starting is no great feat. Had he have stayed in the game, Beech would have won. Simple as that. Unfortunately, district 9 knows injury all too well this year. I hate it for these young men. I don't know the extent of Carter's injury, but I am really hoping he will be able to come back and finish his senior season. He'll be evaluated tomorrow.

Correct. Our starting RB - Carter - went down with a shoulder injury after the first series. Beating a team without their starter and now their backup RB who's now starting is no great feat. Had he have stayed in the game, Beech would have won. Simple as that. Unfortunately, district 9 knows injury all too well this year. I hate it for these young men. I don't know the extent of Carter's injury, but I am really hoping he will be able to come back and finish his senior season. He'll be evaluated tomorrow.

Why did the other running back not play?

Vanzant was injured in the JV game against Hville (concussion) a couple of weeks ago. Not sure i would make a statement that if we had _____ we would have won. We have been without our best RB Corey Jones for 5 weeks (didn't have him in the 4th qtr against B'wood and not at all against Gallatin) and our best DB Bailey Rogers since the 1st series of the 1st game and have had 4 other starters miss multiple games. I'm sure WC would like to have had all their injured all year, MJ would like Chowbay back, and SC sure missed Anderton, Tope, and T Malone against PC. To me it is never about 1 player but the team and when you have injuries other guys have to step up. Anyway, hope Carter and Vanzant are okay and will be back.

It's looking more and more like the district title will be decided week 10 between SC and Hville. The crazy part though is it's looking like it could be a repeat game in the 1st round of the playoffs. All teams have had the injury bug hit at some point when these teams could least afford it.