9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Well, Station Camp is here to stay and is now the largest school in the county. The best way I see is to shore up their zone away from the backdoor of the other schools as their is enough growth in that area to sustain a 6A school. This will better define the Station Camp community's identity and not infinge on the other schools to reestablish their communities as a whole. Beech and Gallatin may never reach 6A status and Hendersonville may have difficulty maintaining it with current lines. Socioeconomics aside as stigmas are already in affect, I believe this is the way to move forward.  

Yeah that link says it all. Ridiculous!!! Buy your own field house and win with your own!!!

And, yes, they should raise their own money for their fieldhouse. I would give my money to help Gallatin athletics, however, it is an injustice to have my tax money taken for use within Station Camp athletics. If this continues, all schools should request and have granted the equal sum to their respected athletic programs for facilities or upgrades. Oh wait, our county has difficulties maintaining what we have already. 

And, yes, they should raise their own money for their fieldhouse. I would give my money to help Gallatin athletics, however, it is an injustice to have my tax money taken for use within Station Camp athletics. If this continues, all schools should request and have granted the equal sum to their respected athletic programs for facilities or upgrades. Oh wait, our county has difficulties maintaining what we have already.

If I was Gallatin administration, I would demand $2 million for stadium upgrades. Equal money. Why not? Just because the president of the QB club happens to be the wife of a school board member?

If I was Gallatin administration, I would demand $2 million for stadium upgrades. Equal money. Why not? Just because the president of the QB club happens to be the wife of a school board member?

Are none of the board members GHS grads? I mentioned upgrading Gallatin's  stadium before and was informed that y'all didn't need any more upgrades because of the fresh paint and new score board over the last few years. Everyone on here knows it's not about the upgrades for you. It's the simple fact that someone (SCHS) moved into your territory and your upset about it. The only thing that might make you happy is if SCHS went away. 

Edited by SCBisondad

Not to stir the pot but, that is not by a sheer happening nor Ken Brown's monetary influence nor was previous efforts of two "outsiders" nor even was Anderton's dad being hired.

If I were multiple schools administration, I would request upgrades, however, $2 million per is not available. Just a couple years ago, the talk of SCS and county commissioners was cutting some athletic personnel and coaches supplements were debated. Now we apparently have $2 million to drop on a single teams field house? Again, decisions have been made. Good or not, we press on, vote our hearts and support our teams.

Mostly informal talks, no concrete plans finalized. The problem is geographically mapping lines to better define Station Camp's community yet balancing out the socioeconomic status amongst schools. 

Station Camp's current zone spreads to the backdoor of 3 schools: 0.9 miles from Gallatin and less than 3 miles from Beech and Hendersonville High Schools. Also, look at how many zones one school boarders: SCHS - 5; PHS - 4; WHHS - 3; BHS - 3; GHS - 3; HHS - 2; WHS - 2

http://trans1.sumnerschools.org/HighSchoolZoneMaps/schzone.pdf

Personally, I do not like the way SCS and the County Commissioners have handled the strategic planning of our schools much less their construction. Sumner County high schools do not allow for growth. By state law, a school has to be built for the current population, not projected growth. Station Camp is a prime example as it is a middle school design that had to have portables almost immediately when it was built and additions within 10 years of being built. It is silly to hear talks of another new high school when the county spends minimal to maintain what we have. Too many schools holding 1,000 - 1,500 students versus less schools holding 1,500 - 2,000 students. Look at the numbers (no privates): 

Sumner County:

Population 166,123 (8 high schools)

2-6A; 3-5A; 1-4A; 1-3A & 1 Magnet School

Wilson County: (4 high schools)

Population 118,961

3-6A; 1-2A

Rutherford County:

Population 274,454 (9 high schools - 1 new in 2013)

7-6A; 1-2A & 1 Magnet School 

Does this affect athletics in Sumner County? Sure. Now debate.

I do agree with you but i'm glad they didn't. 

Well, Station Camp is here to stay and is now the largest school in the county. The best way I see is to shore up their zone away from the backdoor of the other schools as their is enough growth in that area to sustain a 6A school. This will better define the Station Camp community's identity and not infinge on the other schools to reestablish their communities as a whole. Beech and Gallatin may never reach 6A status and Hendersonville may have difficulty maintaining it with current lines. Socioeconomics aside as stigmas are already in affect, I believe this is the way to move forward.  

I agree!

Are none of the board members GHS grads? I mentioned upgrading Gallatin's stadium before and was informed that y'all didn't need any more upgrades because of the fresh paint and new score board over the last few years. Everyone on here knows it's not about the upgrades for you. It's the simple fact that someone (SCHS) moved into your territory and your upset about it. The only thing that might make you happy is if SCHS went away.

Gallatin's stadium has needed up grades since I was a kid going to the games. I believe you are referencing responses to past assertions that their have been no upgrades. There have been facelifts but structural and other upgrades have been needed for a longtime. I hate to say it but the bathrooms are pathetic. They rival some of metros worst.

But I do agree with both of you that in order for Station Camp to have a viable fanbase they need more of a community feel. That starts with their own zone and area. Not, as it has been put, reaching into the back door of the other schools.

Are none of the board members GHS grads? I mentioned upgrading Gallatin's  stadium before and was informed that y'all didn't need any more upgrades because of the fresh paint and new score board over the last few years. Everyone on here knows it's not about the upgrades for you. It's the simple fact that someone (SCHS) moved into your territory and your upset about it. The only thing that might make you happy is if SCHS went away. 

You were misinformed, however, plans are in the works. I am fine with Station Camp's presence. This is not just a Gallatin and Station Camp issue, this is a Sumner County issue. Coming from this Gallatin person, I am not fine with zoning and how "moved into your territory" has more than crossed lines regardless of where the door is.