9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

The zoning issue from high school and middle school is a big problem area. Over crowding and portables may not be prevented but definitely limited. Having talked to a few at the board, they know things will have to change. Everytime I see more neighborhoods and apartments going up around Station Camp I smile thinking finally maybe Gallatin's kids can get back to where they belong. I bet Hendersonville feels the same way. SC can be a viable community on its own.

Gallatin's stadium has needed up grades since I was a kid going to the games. I believe you are referencing responses to past assertions that their have been no upgrades. There have been facelifts but structural and other upgrades have been needed for a longtime. I hate to say it but the bathrooms are pathetic. They rival some of metros worst.

But I do agree with both of you that in order for Station Camp to have a viable fanbase they need more of a community feel. That starts with their own zone and area. Not, as it has been put, reaching into the back door of the other schools.

Whenever a new school comes in there are always going to be questions on why they zoned it that way. I watched it happen to MJ when Wilson Central opened up. With more houses and apartments being built around the Station Camp area hopefully you'll get your wish.  

Whenever a new school comes in there are always going to be questions on why they zoned it that way. I watched it happen to MJ when Wilson Central opened up. With more houses and apartments being built around the Station Camp area hopefully you'll get your wish.  

Yes and Station Camp is 11 years old and Wilson Central is 12 years old.  While there are simularities, there are as many differences. Both schools (WC & MJ) also have 1800+ students. That comparison does not tell the story. 

Edited by TheRealTruth

I edited and added a few things after your post to see as well.

No offense to Station Camp folks but, if a new or expanded Gallatin High School 9th-12th had been built to hold 2000+ (GHS can still hold 1750+ now) in 2002 then we would have seen Hendersonville expand or build to hold 2000+. Beech would soon follow to 6A and Portland would possibly drop to 4A and compete with White House in that district. More money from county on the front end for less expense long term for maintaining buildings and additions on the back end. 

Yeah that link says it all. Ridiculous!!! Buy your own field house and win with your own!!!

And, yes, they should raise their own money for their fieldhouse. I would give my money to help Gallatin athletics, however, it is an injustice to have my tax money taken for use within Station Camp athletics. If this continues, all schools should request and have granted the equal sum to their respected athletic programs for facilities or upgrades. Oh wait, our county has difficulties maintaining what we have already. 

If I was Gallatin administration, I would demand $2 million for stadium upgrades. Equal money. Why not? Just because the president of the QB club happens to be the wife of a school board member?

Not to stir the pot but, that is not by a sheer happening nor Ken Brown's monetary influence nor was previous efforts of two "outsiders" nor even was Anderton's dad being hired.

If I were multiple schools administration, I would request upgrades, however, $2 million per is not available. Just a couple years ago, the talk of SCS and county commissioners was cutting some athletic personnel and coaches supplements were debated. Now we apparently have $2 million to drop on a single teams field house? Again, decisions have been made. Good or not, we press on, vote our hearts and support our teams.

Had someone point out this thread to me.  Interesting reading.  So interesting that I created an account to correct the misinformation you guys are throwing around.  

First of all, if you have been around Sumner County long you should know that this county builds its school sizes based on what they believe is best for academics, not athletics.  Does a smaller school equal a better education, not sure, but that's why Sumner schools are smaller. In most counties its' the school bus department that dictates attendance zones ie: what is the most efficient route for transportation?  I bet if you check with Sumner County, you'll find this to be true.

I agree, the people of Gallatin want nothing to do with SC because it's not GHS.  The people down in Hendersonville want nothing to do with SC because "it's in Gallatin".  That's what makes raising money for SC so hard.  The business community wants nothing to do with the school. How is that fair to the kids at SC who simply want to have a good school supported by the community?

Now on to athletics.  I am a Bison Dad and huge football fan. As a Bison supporter, I know quite a bit about the fieldhouse we are raising money to build.  First of all, it was supposed to have been built when the school opened but the county cut the funding, so now 12 years later we are trying to get it built.

I'm not sure where any of you got a $2 million dollar number for the SC field house, but you're off by $1.75 million.  This summer the county approved $250,000 to go toward the construction of a field house at SC.  At the same time, they approved $250,000 for Merrol Hyde's soccer complex and $250,000 for a baseball building in Westmoreland.  The money provided to SC will build an empty building (four walls and a roof).  The parents are raising the money to build out the inside.  

I still have a copy of the presentation that was done on the SC field house about a year or so ago. When you say that you don't like your tax dollars going to SC and every school's administration should also ask for $2 million, you should know actual facts before making such statements.  Prior to these three projects funded this summer, tax dollars spent on athletic improvements since 2008:  Merrol Hyde $4.6 million (new gym, soccer); Beech $603,000 (softball fieldhouse, gym bleachers, new football lights); Gallatin $301,000 (football stadium upgrades); Portland $265,000 (football bleachers, practice field); HHS $238,000 (new track, roof on weight bldg, loan forgiveness); Station Camp $90,000 (soccer lights); Westmoreland $53,000 (football fencing, practice field); KDDC $41,000 (practice field).  If anyone should be asking for more money it should be SC and Westmoreland.

If any of you are interested in donating to the SC fieldhouse, you can find more info here: http://www.stationcampfootball.com/News___Announcements.html.  

And for anyone saying that the Bison supporters are not, and have not been, raising money for this field house, you need to watch this video from the 2011 season in its entirety: http://youtu.be/8Q2eVug7zZI.  If you continue to say Bison fans aren't committed to this project, shame on you.

Had someone point out this thread to me. Interesting reading. So interesting that I created an account to correct the misinformation you guys are throwing around.

First of all, if you have been around Sumner County long you should know that this county builds its school sizes based on what they believe is best for academics, not athletics. Does a smaller school equal a better education, not sure, but that's why Sumner schools are smaller. In most counties its' the school bus department that dictates attendance zones ie: what is the most efficient route for transportation? I bet if you check with Sumner County, you'll find this to be true.

I agree, the people of Gallatin want nothing to do with SC because it's not GHS. The people down in Hendersonville want nothing to do with SC because "it's in Gallatin". That's what makes raising money for SC so hard. The business community wants nothing to do with the school. How is that fair to the kids at SC who simply want to have a good school supported by the community?

Now on to athletics. I am a Bison Dad and huge football fan. As a Bison supporter, I know quite a bit about the fieldhouse we are raising money to build. First of all, it was supposed to have been built when the school opened but the county cut the funding, so now 12 years later we are trying to get it built.

I'm not sure where any of you got a $2 million dollar number for the SC field house, but you're off by $1.75 million. This summer the county approved $250,000 to go toward the construction of a field house at SC. At the same time, they approved $250,000 for Merrol Hyde's soccer complex and $250,000 for a baseball building in Westmoreland. The money provided to SC will build an empty building (four walls and a roof). The parents are raising the money to build out the inside.

I still have a copy of the presentation that was done on the SC field house about a year or so ago. When you say that you don't like your tax dollars going to SC and every school's administration should also ask for $2 million, you should know actual facts before making such statements. Prior to these three projects funded this summer, tax dollars spent on athletic improvements since 2008: Merrol Hyde $4.6 million (new gym, soccer); Beech $603,000 (softball fieldhouse, gym bleachers, new football lights); Gallatin $301,000 (football stadium upgrades); Portland $265,000 (football bleachers, practice field); HHS $238,000 (new track, roof on weight bldg, loan forgiveness); Station Camp $90,000 (soccer lights); Westmoreland $53,000 (football fencing, practice field); KDDC $41,000 (practice field). If anyone should be asking for more money it should be SC and Westmoreland.

If any of you are interested in donating to the SC fieldhouse, you can find more info here: http://www.stationcampfootball.com/News___Announcements.html.

And for anyone saying that the Bison supporters are not, and have not been, raising money for this field house, you need to watch this video from the 2011 season in its entirety: http://youtu.be/8Q2eVug7zZI. If you continue to say Bison fans aren't committed to this project, shame on you.

Thank you for joining the conversation. However, to correct you, the first proposal a few years back was for $2 million. What was originally asked for and what they got are indeed different. What I said was more tongue and cheek. The Gallatin QB Club has and will raise most of their funds. I believe the number you quoted for stadium upgrades for Gallatin was due in large part for a safety concern stemming from a few years back when a girl fell through the bleachers on the home side. ( why did you start your figures with 2008??).

Long, I have been told, also pushed this agenda for SC forward and even got bids before he had permission too. Neither here nor there but interesting since his interest is far from neutral.

I will find out about the school size reasons. I am probably sure you are right. However, Hendersonville folk pushed for the new school. They also had proposals for other small high schools around Gallatin.

Please stay and continue the debate.