GRACE AT NORTH GREENE / UNAKA AT ROCKWOOD

baseball100

I NEED SOME FANS FROM UP THAT WAY TO FILL ME IN ON NORTH GREENE AND UNAKA DONT REALLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM 2. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO OUT HIT ROCKWOOD AND GRACE CAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE #1s THAT CAN MATCH UP WITH OTHER 1s. AND ROCKWOOD HAS COME BACK ON GRACE TWICE. AND THAT SAYS SOMETHING FOR GRACE WHEN ROCKWOOD LEADS THE STATE IN RUNS A GAME.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a side stat...the host team is 19-1 in sectional games involving these regions over the past decade. While the past does not necessarily reflect what will happen Friday, the numbers suggest a huge advantage for North Greene and Rockwood.

Based on that stat and overall records, North Greene & Rockwood should probably be favored to win. However, in single game elimination baseball, anything can happen.

I NEED SOME FANS FROM UP THAT WAY TO FILL ME IN ON NORTH GREENE AND UNAKA DONT REALLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM 2. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO OUT HIT ROCKWOOD AND GRACE CAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE #1s THAT CAN MATCH UP WITH OTHER 1s. AND ROCKWOOD HAS COME BACK ON GRACE TWICE. AND THAT SAYS SOMETHING FOR GRACE WHEN ROCKWOOD LEADS THE STATE IN RUNS A GAME.

North Greene has almost everyone back from last years team that competed well in the State tourney. They lost 5-2 to Riverside (the eventual state champs) and 4-2 in the other game. They will be a tough out. They are currently 21-3 for a reason. They are sound defensively and are well coached. Unaka also has several sound pitchers and they are also capable of hitting the ball well. I agree with Pujo's post that it is anyone's guess who will win these sub-state games?? I will be surprised if both games are not close though, especially the North Greene game. Good luck to whomever represents East Tennessee in the State tourney.

NO DIS RESPECT TO NG OR THE BAILEY KID I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BUT IF I HAD 2 BET ON IT I WILL TAKE GRACE BY 4 OR 5 RUNS. CAUSE I BET NORTH GREENE AND THE BAILEY BOY WILL SEE FOR THE FIRST TIME A TEAM THAT HITS IT 1-9 YOU HAVE HEARD THAT BE4 I KNOW BUT THIS TEAM REALLY DOES. AND HURTS ME 2 SAY THAT CAUSE IM A ROCKWOOD FAN

NO DIS RESPECT TO NG OR THE BAILEY KID I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BUT IF I HAD 2 BET ON IT I WILL TAKE GRACE BY 4 OR 5 RUNS. CAUSE I BET NORTH GREENE AND THE BAILEY BOY WILL SEE FOR THE FIRST TIME A TEAM THAT HITS IT 1-9 YOU HAVE HEARD THAT BE4 I KNOW BUT THIS TEAM REALLY DOES. AND HURTS ME 2 SAY THAT CAUSE IM A ROCKWOOD FAN

I've heard it all my life,and i'm older than dirt ,lol,but good pitching beats good hitting.

I've heard it all my life,and i'm older than dirt ,lol,but good pitching beats good hitting.

and also if he is saying that Grace's lineup is the beast because of what they did against a mediocore Rockwood pitching staff, then I might have to change my vote for the winner because they may be overwhelmed by Bailey today:}