7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

BTW, I am going to be in need of score reporters and writers this season. If any of you guys would be interested, just let me know and we'll go from there. Ideally, I'd be able to have one from each school for calling in scores and a few for doing game write-ups. Milo, TDC, Mykidsdad, StarRaider, nrgrizzlies, I think you guys would be ideal for this as all of you seem to have a pretty firm grasp on the respectice programs that you follow.............

Oh, lets see about that terrible group of people you have mentioned.  A lot of them are at the new school you are supporting.  Mrs. Seymore is principal at whitworth  middle(not fired), Dr. Coward is teaching AP chemistry at Smyrna(not fired), The others retired from the school system.  Ask some of the retired teachers from lhs about the anointed one (remember, the job WAS NEVER POSTED.) I know a lot of professional educators would have done a better job. All that's left is a bunch of fresh out of MTSU teachers.

Things couldn't get worse than under the "inmates running the asylum" it had turned into under his fired predecessor and the entirely fired previous (cough-cough) "administration."

But that no longer matters to people who live on the west side of I-24.  LHS is ancient history west of 24... Stewarts Creek High is the present and the future. 

You can have LHS, you can even have Daniels and the rest of that previous bunch back.  Nobody in my area would care one way or another. 

c30c62c4ed301980a554f38710a2658e.pngfull_14224.jpg

I went to grand opening at the new school and saw a total of ONE former LHS teacher at SCHS... ONE.  I'm not sure what type of math taught people to think ONE =  "a bunch."  There seemed to be more teachers from Oakland even.  Enough that it could have actually been legitimately "a bunch."

And as far as A.P. at Smyrna... seems under the former LHS "leadership" - students taking A.P. had to get up extra early to take A.P. before school started over at Smyrna because LHS figured out somewhere along the line they didn't have A.P. teachers. Channel 4 news reported on it.  This included the kid across the street from here.  He and his parents were not amused by the situation. Not hardly.  What else went on during the former bunch?  Gang flyers being passed around.  Fights at orientation. Band room broken into and robbed. Crumbling ceilings.  Mold filled unsafe air.  Graffiti covered and vandalized restrooms.  More problems than would ever fit in one post on this forum. The kids who went there back then often used the word "ghetto" to describe it.

Yes, you can keep LHS and you can ESPECIALLY have it back the way it was turning into.  Be my guest. 

Edited by nrgrizzlies

BTW, I am going to be in need of score reporters and writers this season. If any of you guys would be interested, just let me know and we'll go from there. Ideally, I'd be able to have one from each school for calling in scores and a few for doing game write-ups. Milo, TDC, Mykidsdad, StarRaider, nrgrizzlies, I think you guys would be ideal for this as all of you seem to have a pretty firm grasp on the respectice programs that you follow.............

Put me in coach, I'm gonna be there root'em on, gettin in the way and clickin a few images. I could be like Stork doin a high school gameday report. Maybe at the end come out wearing the mascot head gear of the team I though was gonna win. Heck maybe I team up with Stork, get Mr Donkey and LOD and we do a full hour long show. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I went to grand opening at the new school and saw a total of ONE former LHS teacher at SCHS... ONE.  I'm not sure what type of math taught people to think ONE =  "a bunch."  There seemed to be more teachers from Oakland even.  Enough that it could have actually been legitimately "a bunch."

And as far as A.P. at Smyrna... seems under the former LHS "leadership" - students taking A.P. had to get up extra early to take A.P. before school started over at Smyrna because LHS figured out somewhere along the line they didn't have A.P. teachers. Channel 4 news reported on it.  This included the kid across the street from here.  He and his parents were not amused by the situation. Not hardly.  What else went on during the former bunch?  Gang flyers being passed around.  Fights at orientation. Band room broken into and robbed. Crumbling ceilings.  Mold filled unsafe air.  Graffiti covered and vandalized restrooms.  More problems than would ever fit in one post on this forum. The kids who went there back then often used the word "ghetto" to describe it.

Yes, you can keep LHS and you can ESPECIALLY have it back the way it was turning into.  Be my guest. 

I will say this about that. Anybody that wants to walk into that situation and try to make improvements is gonna be met with resistance not only internally but externally as we. I don't know Dirk, but I do applaud the man for at least wanting to make a change for the better. Cause If I lived in that District I would be moving. :popcorneater:

I will say this about that. Anybody that wants to walk into that situation and try to make improvements is gonna be met with resistance not only internally but externally as we. I don't know Dirk, but I do applaud the man for at least wanting to make a change for the better. Cause If I lived in that District I would be moving. :popcorneater:

A person who "gets it" ^ ^ ^

If something is not broken, then you don't fix it.  LHS was getting beyond the point of broken.  It was shocking and sad to see how many people wanted to cling to the old failing status quo.  Smyrna High is the next one that will turn into Antioch Jr. unless they take the possibility of it happening someday seriously. 

But these situations don't have to be hopeless.  Oakland was getting to be a troubled school with a high dropout rate at one time and Spurlock turned that around to where it made the US News list of best high schools in America for 2013. (Bronze rating)  That's a heck of a turnaround.

Edited by nrgrizzlies

What time is the Oakland scrimmage? And is it @Oakland? Thx!

Tennessean says Oakland at 6:00. We scrimmaged McCalile last Friday. They were decent. They kept us off balance in the first half with their motion type offense and really exploited some weaknesses we have with our front six. Their QB played well, at least the first half. We shut them down the second and their only score was after a strip by their DB and he took it about 90 yards to the house. The aren't very big and have a spattering of athletes. My guess is the JV will get quite a bit of playing time early. :popcorneater:

Not much talk about E. Smith's injury on here. Doesn't look as if it will keep him out of the Riverdale game but those type of shoulder injuries can linger. As talented as he is, Oakland still looks to be tops in this district without his services. (speculation!!! I think he will be fine) Must be nice to have depth like that. For most teams, a kid like that goes down, fold the tent up, put out the fire, the camping trip is over. I would not think that with this team. (Again this is not to say Mr. Smith's injury will keep him out very long. Just a talking point.)