Single A Teams

One of the best teams in the area....lol..Since you said your daughter is the coach

Well, they beat Middleton recently, lol... that should tell you quite a bit. I saw JCS play against Dyer Co. in the jamboree at the beginning of the year and honestly didn't think they had a chance of beating Middleton this year. They are obviously getting better which is credit to her. And looking at their schedule with wins over Madison, Gleason, Middleton, South Gibson... you definitely have to put them in talks as 1 or 2 out of that district over there.

Huntingdon beat them pretty good.

Jackson Co. got waxed in Myrtle Beach today 55-28 by a 6A school in Florida.  They hung around early but without their point guard this team was able to turn them over and frustrate them on defense. The #1 player in country is playing in this tournament so there are a lot of good teams there but at the same time JC needs to get better or they may be sitting at home while the state finals are being played.  Don't get me wrong this team was just bigger and better than us and they should be with a school of 5000 kids but our girls are better than they showed today and hopefully they will bounce back tomorrow.  They are playing a really good team out of KY tomorrow so they will have to play better than they did today or it will be another loss.  

Jackson Co. got waxed in Myrtle Beach today 55-28 by a 6A school in Florida. They hung around early but without their point guard this team was able to turn them over and frustrate them on defense. The #1 player in country is playing in this tournament so there are a lot of good teams there but at the same time JC needs to get better or they may be sitting at home while the state finals are being played. Don't get me wrong this team was just bigger and better than us and they should be with a school of 5000 kids but our girls are better than they showed today and hopefully they will bounce back tomorrow. They are playing a really good team out of KY tomorrow so they will have to play better than they did today or it will be another loss.

The beach ball classic always has outstanding teams, but 27 points kind of surprises me. JC got beat by Ensworth by about that much last year and still bounced back to win state. I wouldn't put too much stock in this one.

Bob,who was the school they played out of Florida and who is the team out of Kentucky they play next.I know the Beach Ball Classic have some very good teams.

The name of the school is Edgewater high school a magnet school in Orlando.  Looked up some of their scores and they had only lost once the others they beat pretty soundly.  I was wrong with the student count they have around 2000 students, they are 6A in size though.  Tomorrow they play Scott Co. Ky

Jackson County loses their second game in a row, dropping a close game to a very good Scott County Ky team, 64-58.  The younger players played alot better in the 2nd half of this game and seems like they are doing some growing up on this trip.  One more game tomorrow and they head back for the Riverdale Classic after Christmas.  

Edited by devilfanatic

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to Jackson county? What did LA do to get the win.

Nothing has happened to them that i know of. When you play good competition chances are you won't win them all. LA is a good team especially at home. This is a rivalry game and if you look back on the series its pretty close. Usually JC will win at home and LA will do the same. If you play a cupcake schedule like a lot of teams do in Class A you don't get any better during the year. Playing great programs like LA, Clarkrange, Knox Webb, Macon Co. Scott Co. Ky, and Edgewater Fl. you learn where your weakness's are and you are able to make adjustments that will help you once you get to the tournaments. If you continuously play teams you can beat with your JV team then you have no idea how your team will react in close games so therefore those teams aren't very successful in the "win or go home" type of games. Jackson Co. will be just fine come tournament time.