Top 23 Games for Week 0: Cheatham County at Fairview

CoachT

CoachT has chosen 23 Week 0 games, using last year's season records, to use for our initial 2013 Big Ones Contest. Each week or so throughout the summer I will add another 3 games to the list in order to give us plenty of time to discuss each round of games. A few other games may be added later.

Each week you can check out last year's schedules and results for the teams listed by going to their 2012 schedules.

Cheatham County at Fairview

After following the discussion on our message boards and making your decision you can make your picks in our Big Ones Contest

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a weird fall for the Cubs players. In the jamboree they'll play in at ERHS they'll see Coach Finley coaching his new team and they'll also see Coach Jackson coaching his new team. In the first game at Fairview they'll play against Coach Jackson's team. In the second game versus Creek Wood they'll play against Coach Hatley's team. In the third game against Harpeth they'll play against Jett Brinkley. The Indians QB was at Cheatham through his freshman year. The "bye" comes the week after that and it will be much needed after the emotional roller coaster that will start at the jamboree and go through those next three weeks.

These two played two epic battles last year! I think they are still pretty evenly matched this year. Fairview lost speed. You can't replace a Deondre Moore. They still have some hammers returning as does CC. I think this game will be another one well worth the price of admission. I like my Yellow Jackets in this one, simply due to the coaching turmoil that CC went through this offseason.

Go Cubs! Regardless of the b.s. that your school system's leaders have created you still have the pieces in place to make this a great season. Guys like Desmond Sweatt, David Wood, Nathaniel Jock, and Willie Presley will have to step up even more but they're all capable of having great seasons and leading the Cubs back to the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...

Even with everyone returning, the Cubs will struggle this year. Those kids returning haven't played 4 years like the 2012 seniors did. No one will ever be able to replace names like Mitchell Potts, Brady Bose, the 2 offensive tackles, and the short bowling ball of a running back. CC's offensive line was the most dominate thing I've ever seen against Fairview and Grundy. It was like the kids were breed to bull doze everything. That's just my 2 cents. Fairview maybe in the same boat

• 2 weeks later...

Jacket fans, where are you??? Cubs' fans, come out of hibernation! We got a football game coming up in a week or so! Not the hype of last year but still should be fun. Want to invite you all out to Fairview next Friday night! You guys are great fans that we respect a lot. Come early and dine at one of our many Pizza Parlors or Mexican establishments in town. Better yet, visit "The Zone" concession stand at the "Jackets Nest" once you get there. Come one, come all Cubs fans! Bring the whole town. Look forward to having you guys over for some football. Safe travels to you all!