Best football program in Wilson County

BKisler

Again, the title is "best program". FC plays for state titles & MJ plays for region champs. I would hope MJ's depth would out weigh FC. Their enrollment is 6 times as larger.

To say one team is better because they play 6A is rediculous. Beech is 5A and could have easily contended for a 6A title last yr. Roll Mj out there vs Ensworth (with their tiny enrollment) & tell Ricky bowers his school's not on a level with 6A & see what he does to your team.

FC's back to back titles show clearly their program is Wilson Co's best. MJ is good but they need to at least make it to a final, much less win one, before being compared to an elite program with 3 finals appearances & back to back titles in the past 7 yrs like FCS.

Edited by Volzchamps

A final scrimmage or Jamboree match up before the season would solve this question. Enrollment only decides what level you play not how good your players are. I think Friendship would surprise people. Mount Juliet will never scrimmage or play them, nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Edited by hardtackle

Classification and enrollment does make a huge difference in most cases. Look at NCS. They made it to the playoffs in 1A and made a solid run. However, in the regular season they got beat by 6A Hillwood who was no where near a solid team. I think mt Juliet, beech, and others would roll over FCS. Just my opinion.

It does with public schools,I agree. Brentwood Academy had at one time 250 students and 100 boys playing football. Private schools have an advantage with that in that there is no correlation to school size and players. As for Hillwood and NCS,5 other schools in class 1A or 2A scored more points than 6A Hillwood did. 21-7 over a class 1A school by a 6A school is pretty sad. Also,in 2011 Hillwood beat NCS 7-6 Wow!!! I do think FCS could play with Mt Juliet also. BGA and Franklin have had some very close and good games. Edited by hardtackle

Hillwood is a very low end 6-A school. Mt Juliet is a high end 6-A school. Complete different scenario. Friendship Chr is a good program but not at the same level as Mt Juliet. If you take the enrollment size and public/private aspect out of the argument then the accomplishments can be debated. In fact, FCS has done more. But head to head, the Golden Bears would win... sorry.

Every level of high school football comes with different challenges.

Lower Classifications have less athletes, more multi-sport athletes (taking time away from football), and kids playing offense & defense. One or two studs can make or break you at this level. Coaches have to really coach according to their weapons rather than a system.

Higher classifications are full of more football-only players, depth, and multiple football concepts week in week out. It takes numerous play makers because every team has a few.

Would MJ win in a one game match up with FC? Of course, they would have a small army, that if for no other reason would win the war of attrition by numbers and O-only & D-only athletes.

Every level of high school football comes with different challenges.

Lower Classifications have less athletes, more multi-sport athletes (taking time away from football), and kids playing offense & defense. One or two studs can make or break you at this level. Coaches have to really coach according to their weapons rather than a system.

Higher classifications are full of more football-only players, depth, and multiple football concepts week in week out. It takes numerous play makers because every team has a few.

Would MJ win in a one game match up with FC? Of course, they would have a small army, that if for no other reason would win the war of attrition by numbers and O-only & D-only athletes.

Never will know,will we. Edited by hardtackle

I'm also not a fan of FC for the fact that they won the 2A state title when it was well known that some players had been recruited, which is illegal for public schools. They should have been placed div 2 A, as soon as it was reported. But the T$$AA let FC finish out their season anyways, and they ultimately won the 2A title. Gallatin had a situation in 05/06 with only one player that had transfered from Mcgavock to GHS, but during the season the kid was living back with his father by Mcgavock. The coaches were unaware of this, but the TSSAA knew about it and stripped away every win Gallatin had that year and took them out of the playoffs. (This was a team that went 10-0 in regular season) keep in mind the kid was just a backup, he never played. He was put in by the 4th quarter when the games were finished. I just find it funny that FC got to finish out their season when other programs have had every win taken away for something that was not right. That wasn't fair for the other 2A teams that played by the rules. And as far as the best in Wilson county, FC has had the most success, but if they were to strap on the pads and line up and played MJ either of the last 2 years, the couldn't hang with the size/speed/coaching strategies of MJ at all.

friendship won a couple of state titles as a private in 2a. they lost to the 1a champion last season. mj has gone to two consecutive 6a semifinals playing on an even slate with the other schools.

the answer is mt. juliet. they play against much stiffer competition and have still come to the brink of a championship in the state's largest class. this shouldn't even be a comparison in my opinion.

no offense to fc, they've been impressive as of late, but seriously, who would worry you more if you saw them on your schedule?

Again, the title is "best program". FC plays for state titles & MJ plays for region champs. I would hope MJ's depth would out weigh FC. Their enrollment is 6 times as larger.

To say one team is better because they play 6A is rediculous. Beech is 5A and could have easily contended for a 6A title last yr. Roll Mj out there vs Ensworth (with their tiny enrollment) & tell Ricky bowers his school's not on a level with 6A & see what he does to your team.

FC's back to back titles show clearly their program is Wilson Co's best. MJ is good but they need to at least make it to a final, much less win one, before being compared to an elite program with 3 finals appearances & back to back titles in the past 7 yrs like FCS.

last two years mj has played for a shot at the 6a championship game bud.

Edited by waveyard14

friendship won a couple of state titles as a private in 2a. they lost to the 1a champion last season. mj has gone to two consecutive 6a semifinals playing on an even slate with the other schools.

the answer is mt. juliet. they play against much stiffer competition and have still come to the brink of a championship in the state's largest class. this shouldn't even be a comparison in my opinion.

no offense to fc, they've been impressive as of late, but seriously, who would worry you more if you saw them on your schedule?

My thoughts exactly. FC has a very good program; but just the mention of 6A semifinalist carries more weight with me than 2A state championship. Two different worlds. Good luck to both this year.