Tyner @ Signal Mountain --- Week 1

MountainTroll

Roll tide payner! And Tynerramfan I didn't mean any disrespect towards you or the Rams, and I apologize if I come off that way. Like I said I haven't seen Tyner play since 08 nor have I really watched how they have done from week to week through the chatt times or here on the message boards. I wouldn't put much into my post at all because of that. I was just putting my two cents in and basing my opinion from how Signal played against the Hurricanes. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part that Signal will be known for their defense this year instead of offense. Also, I said I am biased towards Signal. Unfortunately I will be attending the SP-Hixson game Friday night due to a promise I made to a long time friend of mine. Close game or not so close I am hoping my Eagles come out on top.

TynerRamFan, I am pulling for the Rams. Watch out for something funny happening this game. Rams can make SM 0-2. Go rams. Is there trouble on the mountain? Could be.

I think rams will give signal all they want...I would totally only not be surprised if it was rams by 20..

Smeagle must of really got under you guys' skin. :roflolk:

clueless-excuse1-300x300.jpg

The defense I saw last Friday night on the mtn was the best I have ever seen SM play. Remember EH only put 7 pts on the board with the offense. The other 7 came from a returned kickoff. Good luck to both teams! Hope all stay healthy! GO EAGLES!

And Payner410 most of the blocking call were BS.

And the hit on a fair catch wasn't even called, talk about poor calls by the zebras.

Go EAGLES!!!!!!!!

The defense I saw last Friday night on the mtn was the best I have ever seen SM play. Remember EH only put 7 pts on the board with the offense. The other 7 came from a returned kickoff. Good luck to both teams! Hope all stay healthy! GO EAGLES!

And Payner410 most of the blocking call were BS.

And the hit on a fair catch wasn't even called, talk about poor calls by the zebras.

Go EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Both of the "Chop Block" calls were legitimate.  #56 was the high blocker and #79 was the low blocker on both occasions.  Check the tape.

It isn't illegal to bump a player after he has signaled for a fair catch and caught the ball.  The Fair Catch protects the returner from being tackled or blocked.  There was no intent behind it.  The EH player pulled up a little late and barely bumped the returner.

The Referee's called a solid game.  Signal had 4 penalties.  East Hamilton had 1 or 2.  Can it get any better than that or would you like to cry some more about the ref's not bailing you out?

Signal was stopped twice on two point conversions, had a muffed punt, gave up a kickoff return for a TD, and had a field goal blocked.  Might want to brush up on those SPECIAL TEAMS if you want to win close games.  It is 1/3 of the game, remember?

Signal played their A+, "best defense ever" game and had the most atrocious special teams performance.  That equated to a loss for you Uppity Chickens.  :thumb:

Edited by DougVick

No one is under my skin. Tyner has great talent and a superior coach. As I said before, high school football is all about coaching. Lack of depth will hurt tyner but they will make up for it by scoring fast.

Tyner won last year when signal had a much better offense and tyner was in a rebuilding year. This year signal is one dimensional with no passing game and an offensive tackle running the ball.

That is why I say I would not be surprised at all when tyner wins this one big.

No one is under my skin. Tyner has great talent and a superior coach. As I said before, high school football is all about coaching. Lack of depth will hurt tyner but they will make up for it by scoring fast.

Tyner won last year when signal had a much better offense and tyner was in a rebuilding year. This year signal is one dimensional with no passing game and an offensive tackle running the ball.

That is why I say I would not be surprised at all when tyner wins this one big.

No need to try to explain to these SM folks...it must be something they are drinking up there on the mountain..Coach T will have the troops ready and may the best team win!!!