Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

This thread is relatively slow compared to usual.

There's a lot of apprehension from both sides.

I heard some people say that they thought Gville laid down last week.

I don't know as I didn't see the game.

If they did, I'm sure SC is licking their chops.

This may come down to which team sucks it up and moves forward.

I hope it's the blue team.

Hope you are feeling better big man. You have had a hard time with your injury and complications. Take care and "holler" toward the North side if you need anything from over here that we can help you with.

Hope you are feeling better big man. You have had a hard time with your injury and complications. Take care and "holler" toward the North side if you need anything from over here that we can help you with.

I appreciate it, I still have 3-4 weeks of taking IV antibiotics at home. not fun at all.

I think Gordonsville will play better defense this week. UHS had about 3 diffrent receivers go off, the qb ran wild and the rb had big gashers threw the line. Thats a lot of weapons for a team that play most kids both ways to cover. Reminded me of watching DC last year with all their diffrent weapons. With SC, focus on the rb's. You stop the two tail backs, you have a chance. If not, it could get ugly. That said, even if they do improve their D, i just dont see GH having the offensive fire power this year to put enough points up to keep up with what the Defense will give up. SC by 2 t'd's I am thinking.

Didn't get to see the Alcoa game and I know that any team in our district would have struggled against the F5 tornadoes. Did Smith show any signs of life and what their offense or defense might be like against an average high school team? Who did they scrimmage and how did those go - not that scrimmages tell a lot either? Not having seen Smith, is take the Owls by two td's but that's just based on knowing manning will be hard to stop and Gordonsville didn't stop Upperman's running back last weekend.

If anyone thought the Tigers wouldn't have a huge let down after the Sr. class they graduated last year, here's your wakeup call. I called Upperman's blowout and I'll call this one.

Just because you consulted your magic 8 ball doesn't make it legit.

I don't think it will be as one sided at it was with Gville and Upperman.

DTC3 will be at the Smith County - Gordonsville game this Friday night with a LIVE webstream and to film the game for playback on DTC3 next week. You can watch the webstream free of charge this Friday night, at www.dtc3.tv. We'll begin the telecast with the pre-gams show at 6:45 p.m., with kickoff of the game scheduled for 7:00 p.m.

Get a further synopsis of the game, along with a brief history of the series at http://www.dtc3.tv/node/2357