Rverdale 0-2 at #6 Blackman 2-0

TDCman

nrgrizzlies Cane Ridge and Antioch are not metro cupcakes.  You having been a LaVergne supporter should never call someone else a cupcake. 

Actually there has been no poster in the history of this site more critical of Lavergne than me.

They are giving up an average of 51 points per game this season so far.  Does that sound like a stat a fan of the school would quote?  I also suggested they move the press box to the visitor's side and make it the home side due to dwindling support.  Does that sound like a fan?  I said their win over Oakland last year was a fluke aided by blown calls from a 99-year-old ref.

That doesn't sound like a fan, does it?  Just because I like the purple and yellow team even less, doesn't make me an LHS fan by any stretch.  I do like their chances in boy's basketball this winter with most of the team returning but as far as metro football... didn't Cane Ridge get blistered by Riverdale at home in the playoffs?  Look at the state of most metro football programs.  Even Hillsboro is not where they were a few years ago.  Hillwood's 12 game winning streak in the mid-2000's is a distant memory.  Hunters Lane is going on 3 years without a win.  As bad a Lavergne's defense is, they might be considered an average team by metro standards and Stew Creek which has never had football before could actually win against some of those metro teams (they barely lost a scrimmage at McGavock).

I stand by my statement.  Metro football mostly = cupcakes  (compared to Rutherford, Williamson, Wilson, Sumner)

This game is hard for me to predict. Is this the year Shad has found consistency to beat R'dale soundly? Will he turn the dogs.........oh yeah different team for him......loose and keep pounding like we USED to do to everyone in Region 7 and the state?

Will Coach A FINALLY discover and pay attention to DEFENSE? Will Wells FINALLY discover what it takes to actually STOP a team from running up the score?

WAY too many different things going on to pick a score in this one.

I have done what I could to FINALLY make the young men and Coaches of R'dale mad enough to win. As a 'fan' I can do no more.

I don't know if either get in with a 5-5 record. Usually six wins is what it takes these days. But a few 5-5 teams get in every once in a while. If you look at the way they have the tiebreaker/qualification system set now Smyrna would be ahead of riverdale on wins regardless of head to head results. They only two spots that matter when it comes to placement in the district are the district champs and runner-up.They are automatic qualifiers with the district champ getting getting home field for the first round. I have been wrong before. Check my homework on that but I believe that is how it works.

Edited by milo118