Rverdale 0-2 at #6 Blackman 2-0

TDCman

"Fortunately for Riverdale, Aydellot wont be back next year.............."

PLEASE tell me that's a done deal.

You also forgot he almost totally ignored the weight room and the strength and conditioning.

Been told by multiple people that he has already told his staff he is retiring after the season................

Lets review your qualifications to be a school board member;

You like to yell at people

You like to toot your own horn

You are not very bright and are very narrow minded

You have one mode of thinking and it is negative

If you don't get what you want, you whine and complain like a elementary school girl

You don't know laws and policies pertaining to board members and county employees

You sound like the perfect candidate. I think you should run!

Wow , I didn't realize there were actually 2 people carrying water for Coach A ! Is this one a family member too ? You and Hardtackle are not only looking pretty stupid to the Riverdale fans , you 2 are actually looking pretty stupid to all the High School football fans . Good luck to you 3 , wherever you guys end up next year , at least Coach Aydelotte will always have you 2 around to tell him how great he is !! lol 

Wow , I didn't realize there were actually 2 people carrying water for Coach A ! Is this one a family member too ? You and Hardtackle are not only looking pretty stupid to the Riverdale fans , you 2 are actually looking pretty stupid to all the High School football fans . Good luck to you 3 , wherever you guys end up next year , at least Coach Aydelotte will always have you 2 around to tell him how great he is !! lol 

How is anything I have stated "stupid?" Programs go up and down over time. You guys blame the coach, I say the talent is down. That is not stupid, just a difference in opinion. Too many folks on here have bashed a guy that is getting paid pennies to coach. And he has had a lot of success at it, but having a bad season. Seems pretty stupid to blame a coach with the win/loss record Aydelott has, as well as a state championship. It also seems very petty. 

LOD started off years ago hating the offense. Now, like many others, he just attacks the man. I don't see one thing in my assessment of his qualifications to run for school board that is off base.

I have not stood on a sideline in decades. You are stupid for thinking I am an assistant coach on Aydelott's staff.  

You sound more like a family member to me not asst coach ... Your argument about talent might actually mean something if Riverdale still had 100 players coming out every year , they don't , and every year that Aydrlott is there they have less and less come out ... The fact that you choose to ignore that very simple fact tells me you're more a fan of the coaching staff than you are a fan of Riverdale . If you had been a big Riverdale fan through all those glory days with LOD , warhawks , and all these other loyal Riverdale fans it would be tearing you to pieces watching this once proud Football powerhouse slowly erode more and more every year , but you and Hardtackle are much more interested in the coaching staff than you are the School .... And it's so obvious not only to every Riverdale fan , but also any and all football fans across this State .

You sound more like a family member to me not asst coach ... Your argument about talent might actually mean something if Riverdale still had 100 players coming out every year , they don't , and every year that Aydrlott is there they have less and less come out ... The fact that you choose to ignore that very simple fact tells me you're more a fan of the coaching staff than you are a fan of Riverdale . If you had been a big Riverdale fan through all those glory days with LOD , warhawks , and all these other loyal Riverdale fans it would be tearing you to pieces watching this once proud Football powerhouse slowly erode more and more every year , but you and Hardtackle are much more interested in the coaching staff than you are the School .... And it's so obvious not only to every Riverdale fan , but also any and all football fans across this State .

I am a fan of both the school and the coach. He is behind only Rankin in win percentage in the school's history and does not have the benefit of being the only real football school in the county any more and he doesn't find jobs for dads. In 8 seasons so far, he has only not made it to the playoffs once but does look to be headed that way this year. He is respected across the state among other coaches and they also see and are thankful to see the talent down and they know the zone changes as a big reason for that. Get off your backside and off a message board and talk to other coaches to see how right I am, instead of wet nursing your opinion off of LODs chest. 

And no, not a family member either. Just a guy that knows a good coach when he sees one and cant stand to see uninformed and ignorant stick a knife in his back while calling themselves a "fan." These "fans" have done much more damage than a guy that gets up every day of the year to work of Riverdale football. The "fans" get up on message boards to try to tear down the work that the man that is actually paid to coach has done. Its cowardly and shameful and is always done by guys who have never had a real coaching job in their life. 

I find it hard to believe anyone would defend was has transpired at Riverdale over the last few years. What you are seeing now is the result of what's been going on their for the last several years, not just this year. The Freshman team four years ago was terrible. Four years later...... Bottom line is the coach has lost the kids and the program. Apathy as set in and apathy will kill you program and yet those that care are criticized for not caring the way someone else feels they should.

Coach A has single handedly presided over the collapse of Riverdale Football....Period!

Blame it on re-zoning, injuries, bad weather or what ever, it's his team and his program and right now it's in disarray. Bottom line is the buck stops nowhere else but there. Not LOD, Warhawks, Limbaugh or whoever. It's coaches team and coaches program and what he put on the field Friday night should be unacceptable and is worthy of sharp criticism!  :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I find it hard to believe anyone would defend was has transpired at Riverdale over the last few years. What you are seeing now is the result of what's been going on their for the last several years, not just this year. The Freshman team four years ago was terrible. Four years later...... Bottom line is the coach has lost the kids and the program. Apathy as set in and apathy will kill you program and yet those that care are criticized for not caring the way someone else feels they should.

Coach A has single handedly presided over the collapse of Riverdale Football....Period!

Blame it on re-zoning, injuries, bad weather or what ever, it's his team and his program and right now it's in disarray. Bottom line is the buck stops nowhere else but there. Not LOD, Warhawks, Limbaugh or whoever. It's coaches team and coaches program and what he put on the field Friday night should be unacceptable and is worthy of sharp criticism!  :popcorneater:

BUMP!! GO WARRIORS!!

I actually agree with you on the buck stopping with the coach for what hits the field, up to a point. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The talent is way down, and while coaches must develop players, you win games with talent.  A coach can take a 145 lb, 5'6'' 5.2 sec 40 and make him a genius at corner, make him 152 lbs, and he runs a 5.0 sec 40. Thats a ton of development. But when that kid is covering a 6'2, 4.7, 190 lb receiver, or meeting a 210 rb that makes it around the corner, all of that development don't mean squat. And on top of that, some players limits of being developed are just a lot lower than others. 

Riverdale has had a bulls eye on it for years, from other teams, to so called "fans." When the talent inevitably goes down, as it always does at every school with every team, everyone comes gunning, both other schools wanting their revenge and win, and "fans" wanting their petty gratification to be able to say "I told you so," "would have never happened if they had listened to me," "I knew he was the wrong guy for the job," etc. Programs go up and down. Many if not most do it while having the same coach in place. Whats the difference? ONE THING - TALENT.

I'm predicting that Maryville will decline someday. I'm predicting Whitehaven will decline someday. I'm predicting the sun will set tonight and rise tomorrow. 

I'm betting I am right on all of my predictions. Its just a matter of time for when they come true. 

I actually agree with you on the buck stopping with the coach for what hits the field, up to a point. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The talent is way down, and while coaches must develop players, you win games with talent.  A coach can take a 145 lb, 5'6'' 5.2 sec 40 and make him a genius at corner, make him 152 lbs, and he runs a 5.0 sec 40. Thats a ton of development. But when that kid is covering a 6'2, 4.7, 190 lb receiver, or meeting a 210 rb that makes it around the corner, all of that development don't mean squat. And on top of that, some players limits of being developed are just a lot lower than others. 

Riverdale has had a bulls eye on it for years, from other teams, to so called "fans." When the talent inevitably goes down, as it always does at every school with every team, everyone comes gunning, both other schools wanting their revenge and win, and "fans" wanting their petty gratification to be able to say "I told you so," "would have never happened if they had listened to me," "I knew he was the wrong guy for the job," etc. Programs go up and down. Many if not most do it while having the same coach in place. Whats the difference? ONE THING - TALENT.

I'm predicting that Maryville will decline someday. I'm predicting Whitehaven will decline someday. I'm predicting the sun will set tonight and rise tomorrow. 

I'm betting I am right on all of my predictions. Its just a matter of time for when they come true. 

If talent was the reason Riverdale is 0-3, myself and mykidsdad wouldnt be on here pointing the finger at Aydellot. It is so much more than just talent