Crockett Co. vs Milan

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Barring divine intervention, Milan is going to get a whooping.  Even if you had a fully healthy team, this one would be hard for Milan to win.  Given the number of kids out with injuries I'd say it's almost impossible.  But, remember Buster Douglas?  Never count out divine intervention. 

Did you really just compare Milan to Buster Douglas???  I agree this game will be tough to win and Crockett should be a definite favorite, but c'mon..... Buster Douglas????

• Upvote 1

Did you really just compare Milan to Buster Douglas???  I agree this game will be tough to win and Crockett should be a definite favorite, but c'mon..... Buster Douglas????

No, I didn't compare Milan to Buster Douglas.  I did make the comparison that Buster Douglas faced a huge challenge when he met Iron Mike Tyson just as Milan faces a huge challenge going against Crockett County.  Buster managed, for what ever reason you'd like to apply, to put Mike on his butt.  Can Milan do that to Crockett County?  I wouldn't bet on it, but I didn't bet on Buster either.

Edited by pdpotts

I wouldn't say Milan is reeling. They lost 2 very close games. I expect this one to be close as well.

Losing the first two games of the year is reeling for Milan.  It has been almost 20yrs since that has happened.  But I agree.... they have been two close losses.  The boys are fighting and the coaches are coaching their hearts out.  Just need to hurry and get some of the heavy hitters back on the field!!!

No, I didn't compare Milan to Buster Douglas.  I did make the comparison that Buster Douglas faced a huge challenge when he met Iron Mike Tyson just as Milan faces a huge challenge going against Crockett County.  Buster managed, for what ever reason you'd like to apply, to put Mike on his butt.  Can Milan do that to Crockett County?  I wouldn't bet on it, but I didn't bet on Buster either.

The challenge is the same, but at the same time... very different.  They are the same because they are both huge challenges and both Douglas and Milan are very big underdogs.  They are very different because Buster Douglas had never done anything like that before and it was an absolute fluke.  Milan on the other hand has been in multiple big games.  This is not their first rodeo.  If they do pull off the huge upset, it will not be a fluke.  It was be because of experience, good coaching and execution.  The same.... but different. 

Milan is just warming up and getting healthy for the playoffs either way. They can start out 0-3 and still end up in Cookeville. 

If we go to 0-3, it will be a struggle to make the playoffs.  Our next two games after Crockett are against Peabody and Westview.... both good teams.  If no one else gets hurt we will be at full strength for CPA in week 6.  Then we still have S. Gibson, Dyersburg and Huntingdon before closing out with Obion.  I don't know that 5-5 will get us in the playoffs, but it might.  I do agree.... if we make it.... we could do some damage.