Crockett Co. vs Milan

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

While yes, I think CC will win this game, im not so sure i would just up and count milan out. This Milan team has just lost the first 2 games. Im pretty sure theyre hungry for a win. And when you combine that hunger with a winning program and winning coaches, you cant count them out. If CC comes in and thinks its gonna be an easy win, i foresee an upset. Like BIGPURPLEMACHINE said, if milan looses this game its gonna be very tough for them to make the playoffs and those kids in purple know that. I still think crockett will win this one but if milan pulls out a win, i wont be shocked.

That said, I dont like milan. Im an SGC alum, follower, and supporter.  

As a head coach yes I believe he has a few as an assistant at Martin..I could be wrong. I may have gone as bit high on the score it is still Milan.I just don't think Ward will let off the gas until late because of his struggles vs Milan.

Yeah.... I was just speaking of his time as a head coach.  Don't know about as an assistant. 

u guys act as if Milan is the only team with injuries etc.  EVERY team has injuries...some use it as an easy excuse rather than taking their lumps. I don't recall Milan's cronies ever following a victory celebration with any acknowledgement that their opposition was dealing with injuries. Crockett's pre-season All State running back is on the sidelines---where is Milan's pre-season All-State players? Oh that's right, they don't have any. It is amusing to see how Milan responds to a down season by (1) screaming injuries (2) poking fun at opposition coaches and (3) suggesting the only way other teams win is if they have better players on the field---(newsflash: that's how it is with most every football match-up!)  Oh and I'd better not leave out (4)--and here it comes--time for you to start talking about how many gold balls you have etc---good for you, but not all of us are falling for the 'shiny object' trick. We're talking about the here & now. Time for you to take your butt whippin' like a lot of other teams have from your previous good seasons---take it like a man, not like a wimp.

Edited by wtn1964

u guys act as if Milan is the only team with injuries etc.  EVERY team has injuries...some use it as an easy excuse rather than taking their lumps. I don't recall Milan's cronies ever following a victory celebration with any acknowledgement that their opposition was dealing with injuries. Crockett's pre-season All State running back is on the sidelines---where is Milan's pre-season All-State players? Oh that's right, they don't have any. It is amusing to see how Milan responds to a down season by (1) screaming injuries (2) poking fun at opposition coaches and (3) suggesting the only way other teams win is if they have better players on the field---(newsflash: that's how it is with most every football match-up!)  Oh and I'd better not leave out (4)--and here it comes--time for you to start talking about how many gold balls you have etc---good for you, but not all of us are falling for the 'shiny object' trick. We're talking about the here & now. Time for you to take your butt whippin' like a lot of other teams have from your previous good seasons---take it like a man, not like a wimp.

Laughing out loud.....this is so true, 100% right....will Milan win 2 games this season?

The challenge is the same, but at the same time... very different.  They are the same because they are both huge challenges and both Douglas and Milan are very big underdogs.  They are very different because Buster Douglas had never done anything like that before and it was an absolute fluke.  Milan on the other hand has been in multiple big games.  This is not their first rodeo.  If they do pull off the huge upset, it will not be a fluke.  It was be because of experience, good coaching and execution.  The same.... but different. 

A man takes a very attractive woman out to dinner.  During the course of the evening he tells her she is as beautiful as the Mona Lisa.  She responds, "So, you think I'm old!!!"

My compairson to Buster was more in line to the challenge that lies ahead and a reference to divine intervention.  The "experience, good coaching and execution" you stated has been there from the start of the season.  And I would have thought that it would have played a BIG factor in the match up against Humbolt -- but it didn't .  Or, maybe it did and it just wasen't enough.  At some point tradition, coaching and state titles have to be left behind and it comes down to the boys on the field.  I have nothing but respect for the Milan football program, its coaches and the players.  However, if Milan wins this week it will be a fluke.

Edited by pdpotts

I hope you feel better now.  Thanks for the comments!! :thumb: