Can Alcoa get back on track

BCsportsfan

I saw every Alcoa State Title team. 1989 was a great team. Billy Williams and Shannon Mitchell were studs.  To me the biggest difference between the 89 team and the 2009 and 2010 teams were the physicality of the 2009 and 2010 teams. I remember the Oline and DLine being sorta on the smallish side. Those linemen on the 2009 and 2010 teams were beasts.

4 years ago Alcoa drilled Maryville's eyeballs shut. It was a beatdown. I remember us Rebel fans thinking Maryville was headed for a 5-5 season. It was Maryville's 1st season of 6A Football. Later that year when High School heroes was on Mark Packer interviewed Dylan Beets. Beets is a former OLineman for Maryville. I remember Beets telling Packer that after the Alcoa game they knew they needed to get to work. They needed to get better or else they could have a 5-5 season. Alcoa seniors need to do the same thing Dylan Beets and his former teamates did.

I saw every Alcoa State Title team. 1989 was a great team. Billy Williams and Shannon Mitchell were studs.  To me the biggest difference between the 89 team and the 2009 and 2010 teams were the physicality of the 2009 and 2010 teams. I remember the Oline and DLine being sorta on the smallish side. Those linemen on the 2009 and 2010 teams were beasts.

Agreed. '89 was so dynamic though. I remember going to some road playoff games to watch that team.

The 2010 Alcoa team with Warren, Tyson, Vee, Tallent, Isom, etc was the best 3A team of all-time in the history of this state.

I haven't seen any Alcoa teams before R.Cobbs Sr. year, but the 2009 & 2010 teams mentioned above were scary good, especially for 3A !!  In 2010, IF you got past the mountainous OLine, and IF you got past the bulldozer playing FB, then you won the opportunity to tackle the train!!! :o   That team blew you up on the scoreboard and buried you on the field.  CAK was good enough that year to have won state (loss 14-3 in playoffs at Alcoa) if not for Alcoa having one, if not the, best team of all time.