Grundy County Football

curtislowe

Landons first or second year of teaching/coaching he was on the staff at Marion county when i played in high school....lol...i graduated in 1976. Bill Baxter was the head coach then. Landons took me on a couple of recruiting trips ...i also play a little whlie at apsu. He has always been good to me. I won't ever forget that .

In this situation here I am willing to say nothing's going to happen and things will get back to the way they were. Then if I was GC administration lets call them. I would start right now looking and digging on trying to find the right coach with a proven background and go get him and be willing to sacrifice more than a bare minimum salary to seal the deal. But on the other hand we are gonna have to sell our program and school to this coach also. We have athletes walking the halls also that would be of big help. But it's like this if I knew I was gonna get beat week in and week out it would make me not get excited and want to play either. If we can get this program on the right road and start winning the students and student body and community will get excited and will back it more and lets take GRUNDY football to a new level. And lets not stop there. The whole GC athletic program to a competitive level. We already have started a new way of things from the principal standpoint at the high school why stop now let's keep it going! Keep in mind this is my views and opinions I would like to hear others concerning the matter.

Edited by Beavcleaver

As I understand it, the head coach is on administrative leave until the investigation of an incident that occurred Friday night at halftime is complete. The incident involved the kicking of a trash can which struck a player on or near his face. He is only on leave from coaching.

Even though he is only on leave from coaching, if the powers that be in Grundy Co. want him gone for good it will happen. It seems the majority of people are wanting a coaching change and this would be a good excuse to replace him. I am not saying that I think this should happen, it just seems like a good reason along with others to go in a new direction with the program.

He is on administrative leave for kicking a garbage can? That sounds like a conspiracy or a lynch mob.

How would you like it if that garbage can hit your kid in the face? You say don't bash on coaches in here, shouldn't it be more important that the coach not bash on the kids? If the administration appears to be taking this serious shouldn't you?

He is on admin. leave for kicking a trash can and it hit the child.  No conspiracy or lynch mob.  He made a huge mistake. Them boys parents want him to resign but also it now seems his players want him gone.  He needs to man up and go.

If my players wanted me gone too. Then there would be no sense for me to hang around in my opinion. Why would I want to coach a team that didn't even want to play for me or want me there. I agree here maverick maybe he will man up and go. Then the question would be, what's next going into the halfway part of the season?

I have no idea what the outcome of this situation will be. I do however want to pose a question. I am by no means trying to start an argument here. I just want some opinions.

I understand that there are parents and other people who are fans of the program who think the coach should go. Everyone has an opinion on this issue.  But let me ask you this. Who would we get in turn? What established or experienced coach would come here and coach in a county that can't even afford to hardly pay the ones they have now. Correct me if I am wrong. One of the reasons a person would leave a job and go to another would be for better pay? Well in my opinion that will certainly not happen if a coach leaves somewhere and goes to Grundy. I might be wrong on this. I know that there are other reasons too so what do ya'll think?

If I was GC administration, I would start right now looking and digging on trying to find the right coach with a proven background and go get him and be willing to sacrifice more than a bare minimum salary to seal the deal. But on the other hand we are gonna have to sell our program and school to this coach also. We have athletes walking the halls also that would be of big help. But it's like this if I knew I was gonna get beat week in and week out it would make me not get excited and want to play either. If we can get this program on the right road and start winning the students and student body and community will get excited and will back it more and lets take GRUNDY football to a new level. And lets not stop there. The whole GC athletic program to a competitive level. We already have started a new way of things from the principal standpoint at the high school why stop now let's keep it going! Keep in mind this is my views and opinions I would like to hear others concerning the matter.