Goodpasture vs Trousdale co.

Creekbank76

And why should they?  Goodpasture openly recruits inner city kids to their school which is a clear violation that T$$AA turns a blind eye to.  They have so many more athletes than the small county school but then i guess thats why they decided to come back to Div I isn't it?  They knew their old buddy Ronnie Carter had put in a provision in the new agreement, where they could reside in Class A on a technicality for 4 years.  I would be willing to bet that once this 4 year term is up they go back to Div II to stay away from Alcoa and the other schools they should be competing against right now.  

Gum Bumper, stick the facts and stay away from untrue rumors you start.  GP doesn't recruit.  TC will probably show up with more football players on the roster than GP.  The fact is that GP loses good players to other schools who do recruit every year like JPII, MBA, and Sumner schools.  Jalen Hurd went to GP in middle school until MBA recruited him away.  There are athletes that leave the school every year because the parents can't afford the tuition.  GP athletics does not like being moved down in classification nor do they like the district they are in.  GP would much rather be in a district with schools that are closer geographically.  Give some good insight every once in a while.  Even ole Slim has some good insight and analysis.  I wish we were as confident in the outcome of the game as the TC fans are.  We don't know what to expect from our team and opponents but it sounds like TC does.

Goodpaster dos recruit but in a legal way.  Alumini pays fer tuision or werk grants are given to the pleyers.  Like Sweep the gym or restock the Toilet Paper and play for us on that werk grant.  Stave McNeir camps of yungsters from around the area to see what talent is upcoming and avelaible.

He's hard to stop, but without that good blocking he been getting last 2 weeks, he could get stopped pretty quickly....credit to the whole team last 2 weeks...not just Kenyan.

I agree , it's a team sport . Coaching being the most important all the way to the fans in the stands . What I'm saying is in open field I've seen Harper leave opponents jock straps laying on the ground.

Gum Bumper, stick the facts and stay away from untrue rumors you start.  GP doesn't recruit.  TC will probably show up with more football players on the roster than GP.  The fact is that GP loses good players to other schools who do recruit every year like JPII, MBA, and Sumner schools.  Jalen Hurd went to GP in middle school until MBA recruited him away.  There are athletes that leave the school every year because the parents can't afford the tuition.  GP athletics does not like being moved down in classification nor do they like the district they are in.  GP would much rather be in a district with schools that are closer geographically.  Give some good insight every once in a while.  Even ole Slim has some good insight and analysis.  I wish we were as confident in the outcome of the game as the TC fans are.  We don't know what to expect from our team and opponents but it sounds like TC does.

I think tc has around 32 or so players on the roster this year fwiw.

Also, havent seen one post from a tc fan in this thread that would lead me to believe we are confident of the outcome. Nor has any tc fan even made a score prediction. All tc wants to do is take one(1) game at a time and see how it all shakes out. Good luck friday night.

Edited by TheGhostOfJimB

I think tc has around 32 or so players on the roster this year fwiw.

Also, havent seen one post from a tc fan in this thread that would lead me to believe we are confident of the outcome. Nor has any tc fan even made a score prediction. All tc wants to do is take one(1) game at a time and see how it all shakes out. Good luck friday night.

Good post.  GP has around 50 players on the roster.  The actual number of "football" players on the roster is debatable.  Several bold predictions in this thread... TC 35-10, Trousdale wins big, TC 14+.  They could all be correct.  My predictions about the GP football team haven't been very good.  Too scared to make a score prediction but I will predict that it won't be a blowout on either side of the scoreboard.

• Upvote 1

Good post.  GP has around 50 players on the roster.  The actual number of "football" players on the roster is debatable.  Several bold predictions in this thread... TC 35-10, Trousdale wins big, TC 14+.  They could all be correct.  My predictions about the GP football team haven't been very good.  Too scared to make a score prediction but I will predict that it won't be a blowout on either side of the scoreboard.

I seen those too. But i think redsman may be a Gallatin fan and jbalumni81 is from jo byrns. Theyre just throwing a little support to us public schools. lol  We look forward to playing you guys Friday night!  :thumb:

Goodpaster dos recruit but in a legal way.  Alumini pays fer tuision or werk grants are given to the pleyers.  Like Sweep the gym or restock the Toilet Paper and play for us on that werk grant.  Stave McNeir camps of yungsters from around the area to see what talent is upcoming and avelaible.

64NB95,

You seem to know a lot about how GP recruits. If it as you say legal, what is the problem? I do not know of any students on a work scholarship or any Alumini paying for someone other than there kids to go to GP. If there are it is illegal. Most of the alums I know are very angry at the current administration and are not supporting the school as they have in past years. As for the SM Camp, I worked the camp as a coach for several years and not a single kid from the camp ever came to GP.

64NB95,

You seem to know a lot about how GP recruits. If it as you say legal, what is the problem? I do not know of any students on a work scholarship or any Alumini paying for someone other than there kids to go to GP. If there are it is illegal. Most of the alums I know are very angry at the current administration and are not supporting the school as they have in past years. As for the SM Camp, I worked the camp as a coach for several years and not a single kid from the camp ever came to GP.

I was believing you till that... :popcorneater:

64NB95,

You seem to know a lot about how GP recruits. If it as you say legal, what is the problem? I do not know of any students on a work scholarship or any Alumini paying for someone other than there kids to go to GP. If there are it is illegal. Most of the alums I know are very angry at the current administration and are not supporting the school as they have in past years. As for the SM Camp, I worked the camp as a coach for several years and not a single kid from the camp ever came to GP.[/quote

Rev coach

Why are you defending Goodpasture when it is obvious you have an ax to grind with the admin? Why do you even care? Apparently you were a coach there, are you still coaching somewhere else? If so, why don't you forget Goodpasture and support the kids where you are now? If you are still associated at Goodpasture then why are you not supporting the kids who are working hard to be the best they can be? IT'S ABOUT THE KIDS, not Coach Martin, Coach Mote, or whoever the president is. It is a shame some so called alumni you know don't support the same kids. I guess if they win the power struggle and get a new president in, then they will become fans again. If you were or if you are still coaching then you know the kids don't have a say who the coach is, they just want to play football. Go support a team this Friday without an agenda, you may like it.

64NB95,

You seem to know a lot about how GP recruits. If it as you say legal, what is the problem? I do not know of any students on a work scholarship or any Alumini paying for someone other than there kids to go to GP. If there are it is illegal. Most of the alums I know are very angry at the current administration and are not supporting the school as they have in past years. As for the SM Camp, I worked the camp as a coach for several years and not a single kid from the camp ever came to GP.[/quote

Rev coach

Why are you defending Goodpasture when it is obvious you have an ax to grind with the admin? Why do you even care? Apparently you were a coach there, are you still coaching somewhere else? If so, why don't you forget Goodpasture and support the kids where you are now? If you are still associated at Goodpasture then why are you not supporting the kids who are working hard to be the best they can be? IT'S ABOUT THE KIDS, not Coach Martin, Coach Mote, or whoever the president is. It is a shame some so called alumni you know don't support the same kids. I guess if they win the power struggle and get a new president in, then they will become fans again. If you were or if you are still coaching then you know the kids don't have a say who the coach is, they just want to play football. Go support a team this Friday without an agenda, you may like it.

Partsunknown,

I do not coach at GP and do not want to. Not enough money. I do have friends there and I talk with them often. As for defending them, I would anyone who is being accused of something untrue and without facts to base I on other than they do not like a certain school or class of schools. I know the kids work hard, but that is not the point. I am sure some alums come out to the games and help the school, but I do know it is not as it once was. Please go out and support the team they need that , but please Mom don't act and feel like everyone gets a trophy for playing. This is HS, not elementary. As in life as in sports, it is not fair but is for those to work hard and overcome things that succeed. The current president makes all the decisions for sports now. He wants to be in control and given the congrats for all the things at school. What comes with success you must also accept blame, which does not seem to understand.

Slim,

I am surprised at you. Are you calling me a liar? Many coaches in Nashville helped at the camp and to my knowledge not a single kid from the "inner city" that was at the camps went on to attend at GP. If you know od some names let me know. It as really hard to judge an 8 or 9 year Old's talent.

Friday night will be another good test. Hard to get a good read on GP so far this year..atleast from what I see. I will say this..last Friday was the first time in a while I've seen Championship level football being played from TC for 4 qtrs..and most importantly..those young men were having fun! If we can keep that intensity, energy and discipline going I like our chances. TCFL!